Continue, or call it a day?

Mr. Torture

30 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

so after 4 pages, i think call it a day?

Hell, I can't even remember what the question was.

So my advice now, after 4 pages, yeah. Whatever it was, screw it man. It ain't worth the hassle.

Unless it's music related. Then by all means, do what makes you happy and don't listen to anyone else. You know the old saying regarding what opinions are like.

Edit: Make that 5 pages. I really think this thread has the potential for 6 ... maybe more.

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I think I'm done. It's been sometimes fun, but I could never get the results that I was hoping for. 

I won't stop with music, I enjoy playing guitar and learning new things. But recording songs and trying to produce them to a major label quality? Nope, just not in the cards for me. Just don't have the talent to make it happen. 

It's sad for sure, I have spent a lot of my life recording. Hard drives full of unfinished songs, uncounted thousands spent. More lost money on gear than I care to try and remember. But maybe most hobbies are that way? I probably would have been happier restoring an old car, even the most not mechanically inclined can do that and still achieve livable results. Recording is just a different animal. Now I know why 95% of the people I did music with over the years just play cover songs in obscure bands at the local brewery / restaurant.

1 minute ago, bdickens said:

practice-meme.thumb.jpg.cb4c3ab0e7715831f00c9800b71b85e4.jpg

See on this one I could keep practicing drawing and I will never be able to draw!  I'm amazed at how my wife and daughters are able to draw so well. I can barely draw a stick figure and I had art/drawing lessons when I was a kid. 

But on the music side I don't really care if the mix is not up to snuff on my little projects. I enjoy the journey.  Find something you like to do and go enjoy it.

YMMV 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Hold up, we have to quit when we reach 4 pages? One single reply of mine goes for nearly that long. 😐

My Lord Tim, your Majesty, you can keeping posting to your sword I mean your heart is content :D

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone here is having any fun at your expense - I'm certainly not at the very least. If you're having a crappy time of it, the Coffee House is a pretty good place to come and have a laugh and take your mind off of it, right?

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Just now, Lord Tim said:

I don't think anyone here is having any fun at your expense - I'm certainly not at the very least. If you're having a crappy time of it, the Coffee House is a pretty good place to come and have a laugh and take your mind off of it, right?

You have been very helpful, I also really like your music. Your a great musician, jealous of that fact! I think some people like to poke fun and pile on, it's ok I have thick skin. It's a difficult thing coming to realize that you really aren't that caliber and all the years, work, sweat and tears have basically been for nothing. Maybe in my next life I will be born with a voice like Dio, or the skills of Paul Gilbert. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Torture said:

Please, continue having fun at my expense. It's fine.

I know I'm not alone in this. I'm just not afraid to admit it. 

Oh they'll have fun at anybody's expense.

Most of us are too stubborn to quit.

Maybe hanging around here some of the stubborness will rub off!!!!!!:)

If anything you'll figure out what not to do.

How? If we are doing it, then it might not be advisable.

I hoping I have a better memory and a better ear for learning music. But I'm still enjoying the ride. This and photography seem to be my vices.

I meant in a good way to stay around in this fun wacky coffee house. Lots of entertainment 😛

1 hour ago, Lord Tim said:

You and me both, my friend! :)

Can I join that club too?

No? At least I have an Alembic Series I bass. But PLEAAAAAASE don't tell anyone. It's the best kept secret of the Coffee House.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I can barely draw a stick figure and I had art/drawing lessons when I was a kid. 

Want to blow your mind? Take a rather simple picture (for starters) and turn it upside down (and I don't mean turn the picture over) and draw what you see.

Now turn it right side up.

Use something like this:
1460356098_4-20-202212-09-28PM.jpg.89f0c597f7ba2e5e91622b3d8948fba0.jpg

Edited by Bapu