Cubase 12.0.10 released

simon

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Is it safe for me to upgrade yet?   I might just wait for the sale, whenever that comes.  The more updates the better.

I think it's safe (!) but I'm staying on V11 for the time being - there's not quite enough in it to risk the bugs at the moment - e.g. there is still an ASIO bug that crept in that SB say they haven't fixed.

Plus I like using Waves tune and that works best with Rewire...which C12 has removed........sigh

PS Reid - for some reason you don't post your YT videos here but just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying them..  Technically they seem to get better and better as you get into your stride plus I think your really finding your feet with the presentation too 👏👏👏 (and I'm very hard to please!).  I always look forward to you releasing them.

4 minutes ago, CoveCamper said:

Bought the upgrade, just have not activated yet. I'm letting as much of the smoke to clear as possible ! 🙂

you can activate and continue to use V11 - you get a few extra bits and pieces that you can use in V11 too.

Yes, it includes Dolby Atmos, so you can make binaural mixes with it.   I paid $$$ for Dear Reality's dearVR Music, which isn't as powerful.  This is a very useful feature, particularly for guys like me who don't have such great hearing.  You can make very interesting mixes with this, as long as people are willing to put on headphones to listen to them.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, simon said:

you can activate and continue to use V11 - you get a few extra bits and pieces that you can use in V11 too.

Yeah, I know. I'm still on 10 Artist. I'm just letting all the problems when 12 first came out to disappear. I'm not as nice as Larry is! 🤪

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simon said:

PS Reid - for some reason you don't post your YT videos here but just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying them..  Technically they seem to get better and better as you get into your stride plus I think your really finding your feet with the presentation too 👏👏👏 (and I'm very hard to please!).  I always look forward to you releasing them.

Yeah, I wish I could.  I think the majority of the people here have no objection to me doing so.  But one or two people take great exception to having me putting my videos here because they are not deals and this is a deals forum.  Maybe you missed that controversy, but it was getting uncomfortable.  

Still, a  lot of the listings on this forum have absolutely nothing to do with Deals. They are just useful information for the community--like this one for example.  A Cubase update is not a deal.  But it's not worth getting into a fight.  I put enough of my videos up here so that if somebody like you is interested, you'll just subscribe.  

And everybody helped me so much here with my technical issues.  That's the beauty of this forum.  But I had reached the point where I didn't want any more advice when the complaining started.  

Even though they aren't music videos, it's still useful to have a bit of music software chops.  I put up one yesterday on Werner Herzog and got a copyright call on some of the Popul Vuh music.  So I went to Cubase and improvised some stuff with The Orchestra Complete for a few minutes.  It filled the spots reasonably well, and my video got up quickly with no copyright problems.   Other people couldn't do that.  They'd have to search for a long time through library music, but I knew exactly what I wanted. 

• Like 3

Be careful,  @Reid Rosefelt, before you know it someone will complain that this thread doesn't belong in the deals forum (plus it's for a Cakewalk competitor).  It's so ridiculous.  Like most of us, I enjoy the camaraderie here.  On another note, I think I'm in the minority,  as I use Cakewalk and I really think Bandlab is doing a good job with it. Even if they were charging,  I'd be happy with the software. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But it's not worth getting into a fight. 

agreed, and I followed the 'drama'  - although the reason I like this forum is that it's 99% so friendly and helpful - like any 'family' there are some that just like to complain of course :D - just use the 'ignore' function.

I enjoyed the Herzog one, especially the Fitzcarraldo/Burden of Dreams bit- and I'm also enjoying how you are trying different techniques in the videos as you progress.

And yes, cubase updates isn't a deal at all - but do I care ? nope :D :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Be careful,  @Reid Rosefelt, before you know it someone will complain that this thread doesn't belong in the deals forum (plus it's for a Cakewalk competitor).  It's so ridiculous.  Like most of us, I enjoy the camaraderie here.  On another note, I think I'm in the minority,  as I use Cakewalk and I really think Bandlab is doing a good job with it. Even if they were charging,  I'd be happy with the software. 

I guess I considered the implications of mentioning other DAWS here, and I overode myself because I equally like Cakewalk and Cubase for what they do.

Hey thanks for the info. I have already been a serious Guiney pig here. What's another update going to hurt? (famous last words).