Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kakku

Reason Why, pop rock

Recommended Posts

Hi. Time for another kakku-tune. Old but I rewrote it better I think. I hope you like it. Comments are welcome

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice little melodies kakku, liked everything excepts the cymbals in the sax-part.

Good job! :)

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Myriad Rocker said:

Good work.  Is the sax sampled or do you play?  Is this destined for any vocals?

Thanks. It is a sampled free dsk sax. Pretty good for free vst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kloon said:

Nice little melodies kakku, liked everything excepts the cymbals in the sax-part.

Good job! :)

Thanks

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah! These drums fit quite nicely. Nice tune. I liked how you strip the arrangement down in the middle, and modulate everything back in. Nice choice.

For me the reverb choice (maybe it's chorus, too) on the synths, the arpeggiated stuff, the snare, the sax . . . very nice! But the occassional cymbal crash sounds drier. Maybe a little more rvb on that cymbal? And perhaps lower the cymbal just a bit in volume? I dunno, just a niggle really. Nothing wrong as is.

 

cheers,

-Tom

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

liked how you strip the arrangement down in the middle, and modulate everything back in. Nice choice.

Agreed.

 

Same with the cymbal. Some rvb (like Tom suggested) would blend it in and make it more distant, and lower the volume on it. Maybe even alternate the cymbal sample with a few others to help give it a wider spectrum. I did start listening to this on my cell phone and I can tell you, I heard those cymbals above everything else. Listening at work here  on regular speakers and the cymbals wasn't as pronounced. But still a little too up front.

 

Forgot to add : Nice song.

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Ah! These drums fit quite nicely. Nice tune. I liked how you strip the arrangement down in the middle, and modulate everything back in. Nice choice.

For me the reverb choice (maybe it's chorus, too) on the synths, the arpeggiated stuff, the snare, the sax . . . very nice! But the occassional cymbal crash sounds drier. Maybe a little more rvb on that cymbal? And perhaps lower the cymbal just a bit in volume? I dunno, just a niggle really. Nothing wrong as is.

 

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the comments and tips. I gotta work with 'em drums more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grem said:

Agreed.

 

Same with the cymbal. Some rvb (like Tom suggested) would blend it in and make it more distant, and lower the volume on it. Maybe even alternate the cymbal sample with a few others to help give it a wider spectrum. I did start listening to this on my cell phone and I can tell you, I heard those cymbals above everything else. Listening at work here  on regular speakers and the cymbals wasn't as pronounced. But still a little too up front.

 

Forgot to add : Nice song.

Thank you. Maybe I will return to this bad boy(this tune) again bit later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This may be the first song of yours that I have given a  listen to.  Overall yeah , nice one .

Love the first time the arpeggio synth comes in . As I listen I find your tune has 2 things going on that elevate it in my mind .

1, it has a visual vibe to it , in sections I found myself placing mental images to your music .

2, Some of your melodies and parts of your songs arrangement have hinted along an Epic  type of Musical Vibe ...Thematic in Nature

I suspect that you could probably do some tweaks to your instrument choices and arrangement to flesh out a few rather nice off spring's and variations of this song .

As far as some of the other things mentioned.... the cymbals and all ....I would only consider that to be putting sprinkles on what you have here ...for some people that may be enough ...

At some point I would urge you to rerecord this song using as many real musicians as you can enlist to collab w you  ....sort of thing you do when the time is right .

The Sax , Bass , and Drum parts  played by real players w chops could easily bring your tune a number of notch s over the top .

Another thing to consider is your song could also use some rhythm gtr and drama based melodic doubling of the sax melody w guitar .. keys or both ....

Someone mentioned any vocal planed ? that person gave you good advice to consider ...

BTW  I do know my feedback may be out of reach conceptually at the moment ...we all do the best we can with what we have .

To me your tune sounds like you work alone . That is why I'm suggesting you consider my suggestions at a future date  ....

Wouldn't you want your music to represent and take on the momentum of metamorphosing  itself into a vehicle of self expression that includes becoming  a part of something much more greater than yourself ?

I know I would  ....

 

I did enjoy the listen . all the best

Kenny 

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

This may be the first song of yours that I have given a  listen to.  Overall yeah , nice one .

Love the first time the arpeggio synth comes in . As I listen I find your tune has 2 things going on that elevate it in my mind .

1, it has a visual vibe to it , in sections I found myself placing mental images to your music .

2, Some of your melodies and parts of your songs arrangement have hinted along an Epic  type of Musical Vibe ...Thematic in Nature

I suspect that you could probably do some tweaks to your instrument choices and arrangement to flesh out a few rather nice off spring's and variations of this song .

As far as some of the other things mentioned.... the cymbals and all ....I would only consider that to be putting sprinkles on what you have here ...for some people that may be enough ...

At some point I would urge you to rerecord this song using as many real musicians as you can enlist to collab w you  ....sort of thing you do when the time is right .

The Sax , Bass , and Drum parts  played by real players w chops could easily bring your tune a number of notch s over the top .

Another thing to consider is your song could also use some rhythm gtr and drama based melodic doubling of the sax melody w guitar .. keys or both ....

Someone mentioned any vocal planed ? that person gave you good advice to consider ...

BTW  I do know my feedback may be out of reach conceptually at the moment ...we all do the best we can with what we have .

To me your tune sounds like you work alone . That is why I'm suggesting you consider my suggestions at a future date  ....

Wouldn't you want your music to represent and take on the momentum of metamorphosing  itself into a vehicle of self expression that includes becoming  a part of something much more greater than yourself ?

I know I would  ....

 

I did enjoy the listen . all the best

Kenny 

Thank you for an extra large comment post. I really don't like the tune enough to make many changes as it would take too much time and I don't have much time except on weekends and even then I think I will try to make new stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...