How to find project info

jkoseattle

Question

I have some CW projects that I will be exporting to another DAW. I would like to get some detailed info on the instruments and FX I have on the tracks in this song so that I can mimic it in the new DAW as best as possible, but I'm having trouble. I don't know what I did, but for some reason the project barely opens in CW anymore, and usually crashes. I opened it in safe mode so that I could at least export as Midi, but I need to know what instruments and FXs I'm using. When I try to open an instrument on a track (using Opus), the Opus player opens but does not go to the instrument being used by the track. Somehow it's forgotten that connection, don't know why. 

Is there any other way to learn what instruments I'm using on tracks in CW?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jkoseattle said:

Thanks, I was able to download it, but it doesn't do anything, just sits there open.

(1) That's 98% vague.  I know you know how to open executables, but you provided no information on how far you got, assuming you opened the program, ran it, navigated to where your cakewalk project files are, and opened one of them.  Are you saying that ProjectScope showed you the tracks in the file, but not the names of the instruments you used? Are you saying when you double clicked on a *.cwp file, Cakewalk didn't boot and didn't try to open it?

(2) Did you put the names of the instruments in the tracks in when made the projects?  Did you use Sonar/Cakewalk's "Notes" to document your project?

Just so you know, even though I downloaded ProjectScope previously, I downloaded it again to verify that the download still works.  Where I used the name of an instrument in the track name, its there.  Where I wrote Notes, they are there.

As for Plug-Ins, so far as I can see from the *.cwp files I tested with ProjectScope, that panel only includes FX plug-ins, not soft synths.

If you used *.ins files and were looking for a program that would open up the correct *.ins file and dereference / look up the bank / patch assigned in the track widgets, I don't see ProjectScope as having that ability.  Not sure if that's what you mean by "it doesn't do anything, just sits there open."

Edited by User 905133
fixed a few typos