Autoformer free tomorrow

Fleer

I'd read previously that there had been a relationship between the United Plugins developers and Melda due to geographical proximity, I think Melda helped them out with some code sharing and website resources... but I just noticed UP is now listed as part of the Melda portfolio! 

https://www.unitedplugins.com/about

"Thanks, Melda

UnitedPlugins live and create because of the help of another strong and experienced brand MeldaProduction, in the past. The UP brand is now a proud part of MeldaProduction company portfolio."

• Thanks 2

I wanted to get this. I like United Plugins and have a few items I use from them. So free seemed ideal.

I listened to the audio samples. This is one of those plugins where for my ears I had a hard time detecting the difference between the samples that were bypassed and those where the plug-in was active.  So even for free I’m skipping this one.

Edited by lawajava
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Fleer said:

Funny, got a confirmation emails from MeldaProduction Support …

Same here. Also got a Melda confirmation when I installed Bassment. I'm guessing that UnitedPlugins is owned by Melda. When I installed Bassment, it scans as manufactured by Muramasa. Autoformer scanned as manufactured by SoundeviceDigital.

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John Maar said:

Same here. Also got a Melda confirmation when I installed Bassment. I'm guessing that UnitedPlugins is owned by Melda. When I installed Bassment, it scans as manufactured by Muramasa. Autoformer scanned as manufactured by SoundeviceDigital.

I don't know the details but I've always been under the impression that prior state was independent developers basically using the MELDA platform/licensing code to build out plugins that were not developed by Melda and they likely paid a licensing fee for this setup.  Kind of like making an instrument on the MSoundFactory Platform and then selling that.  

According to the update above, the relationship might have changed to more of an ownership thing.

• Like 1

True story. I saw the original post the other day and have been following this thread. When someone posted that the link was working,  I picked up Autoformer from Best Service. When I went to the developer's site to redeem the number from Best Service, I discovered that I already own it. I realize this isn't an unheard of experience for this group. 

Let me start over. Hi, my name is Peter, and I'm a plugaholic. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

True story. I saw the original post the other day have been following this thread. When someone posted that the link was working I picked up Autoformer from Best Service. When I went to the developer's site to redeem the number from Best Service I discovered I already own it. I realize this isn't an unheard of experience for this group. 

Let me start over. Hi, my name is Peter, and I'm a plugaholic. 

Don't feel bad...I got it at the Dev site because it wasn't in my account.  I was going to get another one
at Plugin Boutique and, when I added it to my cart, it said "you are about to buy a plugin you already own".
So I went through my account and, sure enough, there it was, and I had never registered it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

Don't feel bad...I got it at the Dev site because it wasn't in my account.  I was going to get another one
at Plugin Boutique and, when I added it to my cart, it said "you are about to buy a plugin you already own".
So I went through my account and, sure enough, there it was, and I had never registered it!

That "you are about to buy a plugin you already own" feature has saved me a lot of money.  Sad. I remember a time when my brain used to handle that function.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2