IK tape machine finally !!

Zo

A Rep got back to me on Facebook and told me to issue a support ticket,
which I already did (and sent Pete a PM with the Ticket # also), so I did
get a response.  He said they could issue a manual order when it was resolved.
So there's that...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

For what it’s worth, I decided to stay on the fence until newt time. 

Me too.

Not that I don't want it.

Or that the price is not right.

It's just I haven't installed everything from when I got the Max bundle!  So I got some time. I'll get it later.

• Like 2

The introductory pricing has been extended through July 15th!  So you have time to work out the kinks.

Note that there should be a TRY button next to each  tape machine in Custom Shop that allows demoing.  For additional help with demoing IK products, please check out the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So far I've been using Overloud's Tapedesk on my songs, with an instance on each (and every) track and bus, meaning that my project will typically have somewhere between 10-40 instances (as well as other plugins) active.

Is this how IK's tape machines would be used, or is it a case of just using it on the master bus? I've heard that CPU usage is a little high.

2 hours ago, antler said:

So far I've been using Overloud's Tapedesk on my songs, with an instance on each (and every) track and bus, meaning that my project will typically have somewhere between 10-40 instances (as well as other plugins) active.

Is this how IK's tape machines would be used, or is it a case of just using it on the master bus? I've heard that CPU usage is a little high.

When I tested, I just threw it on the Master Bus, and it was quite impressive...
I used the 24 on a Track I'm working on, with the 30 IPS Glue preset, and it 
was all that AND a bag of chips!

Articles I've read rate Acustica's Taupe as THE tape plugin, but I've never used
it, and it's $249, so that's pretty much a deal killer for most.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They finally responded and said 25 credits would be added to my account.

That was yesterday...still no credits...and no credits means
no buying the Tape Collection...

EDIT:  Also forgot today is the 4th, so may not hear from them until tomorrow...DOH!

Edited by cclarry
  • Sad 1

On 7/1/2019 at 1:18 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

The introductory pricing has been extended through July 15th!  So you have time to work out the kinks.

Note that there should be a TRY button next to each  tape machine in Custom Shop that allows demoing.  For additional help with demoing IK products, please check out the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798

Thanks!

I am not seeing a "Try" button anywhere...?

7 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

I am not seeing a "Try" button anywhere...?

It's in the Custom Shop, it won't be on the information Page.
Go to T-Racks, then "other" and the 4 Tape Machines will be
there,  There will be a "Try" and "Buy" button on each

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

Well, here we are a week later and nothing...😥

I'm not exactly thrilled with IK myself, at the moment. I finally figured out the (unnecessarily convoluted) process for getting the Tape plugins into Try mode, and they worked great the first night. Tried them again tonight (a day and a half later), and for whatever reason they are in demo mode, and keep asking me if I want to Try or Buy when I load them up. But I can't seem to get them back into Try mode, and so they have that intermittent white noise thing every 30 seconds or whatever, and it is really irritating.

But when I go into my Custom Shop account, they are showing as on a 15 day trial mode.

But they aren't. Or maybe they are, I have no idea. Maybe they don't mean 15 days all in a row! I have no idea, but I'm not buying these until I can give them a good try, and I can't give them a good try if I can't get them into the Try mode.

Edited by Amicus717

6 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

I'm not exactly thrilled with IK myself, at the moment. I finally figured out the (unnecessarily convoluted) process for getting the Tape plugins into Try mode, and they worked great the first night. Tried them again tonight (a day and a half later), and for whatever reason they are in demo mode, and keep asking me if I want to Try or Buy when I load them up. But I can't seem to get them back into Try mode, and so they have that intermittent white noise thing every 30 seconds or whatever, and it is really irritating.

But when I go into my Custom Shop account, they are showing as on a 15 day trial mode.

But they aren't. Or maybe they are, I have no idea. Maybe they don't mean 15 days all in a row! I have no idea, but I'm not buying these until I can give them a good try, and I can't give them a good try if I can't get them into the Try mode.

You have to be connected to customshop during process of demo , if your custom shop isnt opened and connected during the time you use yhe plugin , you will then have the noise ...