IK tape machine finally !!

Zo

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

You have to be connected to customshop during process of demo , if your custom shop isnt opened and connected during the time you use yhe plugin , you will then have the noise ...

Yes, the Custom Shop has to be open, but the plugins force that when you open them in your DAW.
And yes, there is white noise every 30 seconds in Try Mode, which is also Lame...but I can understand
that, if they are in try mode, and you use them to make a hit record, without having paid, then IK is
losing out ( I jest of course)

7 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

I'm not exactly thrilled with IK myself, at the moment. I finally figured out the (unnecessarily convoluted) process for getting the Tape plugins into Try mode, and they worked great the first night. Tried them again tonight (a day and a half later), and for whatever reason they are in demo mode, and keep asking me if I want to Try or Buy when I load them up. But I can't seem to get them back into Try mode, and so they have that intermittent white noise thing every 30 seconds or whatever, and it is really irritating.

But when I go into my Custom Shop account, they are showing as on a 15 day trial mode.

But they aren't. Or maybe they are, I have no idea. Maybe they don't mean 15 days all in a row! I have no idea, but I'm not buying these until I can give them a good try, and I can't give them a good try if I can't get them into the Try mode.

Did you try to use option restore my gear in Custom shop?

Thanks folks. Tried those things, but no luck.

Odd. They worked flawlessly the first night. 

For what it’s worth, we had a thunder storm here the previous night and it seems my PC has been acting a bit odd since then. Maybe that has something to do with it. Just my luck...

1 hour ago, Amicus717 said:

Thanks folks. Tried those things, but no luck.

Odd. They worked flawlessly the first night. 

For what it’s worth, we had a thunder storm here the previous night and it seems my PC has been acting a bit odd since then. Maybe that has something to do with it. Just my luck...

Hm, really strange. Never had such stubborn issue. Before bought MAX I tested several of modules.

I guess  you also have tried to run simultaneously DAW with plugin and Custom Shop and then restore gear in Custom shop.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:49 AM, cclarry said:

Yes, the Custom Shop has to be open, but the plugins force that when you open them in your DAW.
And yes, there is white noise every 30 seconds in Try Mode, which is also Lame...but I can understand
that, if they are in try mode, and you use them to make a hit record, without having paid, then IK is
losing out ( I jest of course)

There is no white noise at all in try mode if you keep Custom Shop open in the background and are connected to the internet.

For anybody having issues demoing, please check out the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798

18 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There is no white noise at all in try mode if you keep Custom Shop open in the background and are connected to the internet.

For anybody having issues demoing, please check out the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798

I have the CS open when I use it, and every 30 seconds or so it gives white noise.
If I turn the plugin off, the white noise goes away....

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I have the CS open when I use it, and every 30 seconds or so it gives white noise.
If I turn the plugin off, the white noise goes away....

That is not the normal behavior, with CS open in the background and connection to the internet there will be no noise under normal conditions.  I have bumped your ticket again, too, so when there's a reply you may want to let them know about this too.  Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

That is not the normal behavior, with CS open in the background and connection to the internet there will be no noise under normal conditions.  I have bumped your ticket again, too, so when there's a reply you may want to let them know about this too.  Thanks!

Thanks Pete!

Just got a reply and they said they would
put the credits in my account within 24 hrs!

I just figured it was part of the Demo process...but it's
there for sure...I just checked again! 

I really think of making a dedicated video on how to demo ik stuff ... i even explained this on the las one knowing this is a redundant request and headache for some ....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zo said:

I really think of making a dedicated video on how to demo ik stuff ... i even explained this on the las one knowing this is a redundant request and headache for some ....

I knew custom shop had to be open to demo, just forgot that it doesn't pop up every time
asking you to open it once it's on a track...just the first time.  But still, that's a good idea!

On 7/10/2019 at 2:22 PM, cclarry said:

I knew custom shop had to be open to demo, just forgot that it doesn't pop up every time
asking you to open it once it's on a track...just the first time.  But still, that's a good idea!

It wasn't directed to anybody in particular , just something i was thinking of .....

On 7/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I guess IK must have heard this to death, but every forum I’ve ever been to  have people complaining about the noice. The convoluted trial process aside, silence would be a far better than white noise for those who have their volume turned up.

Any plans to change the trial approach?