IK tape machine finally !!

Zo

I agree.  If they were to launch a Group Buy in the near future, and include these, there would be a lot of 
recent buyers who would NOT be happy!!!  That would be counter productive, not to mention
"poor business".  

So, by all means, wait, and release a few other goodies, before doing a group buy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheSteven said:

IKM Website says:
Full 14 day free trial period

Damn if I can find it.
No demo/trial option on web site or in Custom Shop.
Only options I'm seeing are to purchase... 

You have to download it from the Custom Shop under T-Racks 5 > Other then click TRY.

Edited by jesse g
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

(if they are in a group buy, that is, since they're so new...)

That is the gamble. That intro price is hard to beat. And if they are like MODO Bass was, it took forever to get to a good price. I think this last Max deal was the first time I seen MODO Bass offered with a bundle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jesse g said:

You have to download it from the Custom Shop under T-Racks 5 > Other then click TRY.

Thanks Jesse.
In Custom Shop if you click on ad for the Tape Machines it only shows you links to Buy and a More Info which doesn't tell you how to obtain trail. I just wasn't looking in the right area.  Also it wasn't showing up in my T-Racks 5 because it needed an update and didn't indicate it.

Don't know why they can't include the info or link to that info on their web site (or in Custom Shop).
Bad business to not enable potential customers in finding what they need.
In my case this led me to checking out u-he's Satin which I now think better suits my needs.
I'm still going to check this out but IKM's web design flaw probably cost them a sale.

Edited by TheSteven

16 minutes ago, mibby said:

Can I ask a stupid question?   How do I use the Custom Shop in my DAW?

Hmm... not sure what are you asking exactly. FWIK you don't use the Custom Shop in the DAW, you use it to install the whole bunch of plugins and/or activate your "gear" i.e. the plugins you own. When you trial a plugin you need to run Custom Shop in background to stop the noiz. I think that's it.

• Thanks 1

For example, I "bought" the JC-120 Amp in the Custom Shop a while ago.  But it doesn't show up as an IK plugin in my DAW...

Ah nevermind. I see now, it's in Amplitude...  Along with all sorts of stuff that I don't own.  (I DID say it was a stupid question. 🙄)

Edited by mibby

31 minutes ago, mibby said:

Can I ask a stupid question?   How do I use the Custom Shop in my DAW?

If you are demoing the Plugins, you have to have the Custom Shop open.
Then you open the plugin in your DAW.  Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

Well, I registered my iRig Keys, and got everything EXCEPT my 25 Gear Credits
Contacted IK on Support, and on Facebook...but not expecting an answer soon,
and the Intro Sale ends today...

Pete, can you help?

Edited by cclarry