IK tape machine finally !!

Zo

44 minutes ago, Fleer said:

On the other hand, did these Tape Machines just add over a gigabyte to the regular T-RackS download and more than doubled it?

I believe it's the size of the whole new version of t-racks custom shop with the new tape machines added.

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

On the other hand, did these Tape Machines just add over a gigabyte to the regular T-RackS download and more than doubled it?

That's probably because it's uses convolution tech like Acustica Audio. My AA plugin folder is 30GB plus the 3rd party folder for N4 is 20GB.

I also put them on one of my internal SSD's. I'd would put these convo Tapes there as well.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 3:25 AM, Fleer said:

No more Softube Tape then, eh?

Softube tape is one of very few (or maybe the only?) tape plugin which really integrates with Studio One. So for S1 users it could be hard to beat :)

I am wondering what would be result of blind tests of different tape emulators used in full mix (keeping in mind final result not setting knobs to the same value).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

I believe it's the size of the whole new version of t-racks custom shop with the new tape machines added.

That 1.5 gigs is the size of the whole new T-racks 5 version which includes the Tape machine collection.  So not much bigger than the older version without the new Tapes machines.   It does include a few fixes to T-racks 5:

1 Fixed an issue with delay compensation affecting audio playback and export

2 Fixed an issue in the VST instance rendering silence at start of exported audio file

3 Fixed a possible crash on export in DAW

4 General reliability fixes

I did decide to get this, and with my Jam Points, it was under $75.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Then again, I’ve got Slate VTM, u-He Satin and the Waves tapes. Why do I need another ...

Wait for my video , i did some shoot out , don't know if i'm gonna keep those or note , i was like : let's make a quik video , results : 56 min !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got the collection for $53. Had 25 credits in the Custom Shop and bought 75 additional credits with a $22 (jam points) discount. I guess I'll not see a better deal than this for the collection for some time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergio said:

I got the collection for $53. Had 25 credits in the Custom Shop and bought 75 additional credits with a $22 (jam points) discount. I guess I'll not see a better deal than this for the collection for some time.

I'm considering  to get it for $74.99 at the end of the month.  When I register my iRig Keys that
I got for $30, I'll get Sampletank 4 SE and 25 Gear Credits...I have no Jampoints...as IK likes to 
take them back...even if you bought something 10 years ago, when you sell it...Jampoints are
backchargeable....which IMO is LAME.  I could see making them that for maybe a year...but not
FOREVER.  But, it's a tick on my list of IK foibles and poor business practices...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I have no Jampoints...as IK likes to 
take them back...even if you bought something 10 years ago, when you sell it...Jampoints are
backchargeable....which IMO is LAME.  I could see making them that for maybe a year...but not
FOREVER. 

I got to laugh every time you bring this up Larry!! : )

Yeah that's Lame! I got to agree with ya.

But I still gotta laugh!!

For how long? "Till you pay us back!!!" LOL!!! That's lame!! 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2