Arturia Augmented STRINGS Intro Free

Carlos  Iglesias

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

That thing has like a bazillion cores. Wouldn't imagine it breaking a sweat, LOL!

Still, only 10 cpu cores, eight performance and two efficiency, BUT 32 gpu cores, which is why I’m hoping these thirty-two will deal with that hungry GUI. 

5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Still, only 10 cpu cores, eight performance and two efficiency, BUT 32 gpu cores, which is why I’m hoping these thirty-two will deal with that hungry GUI. 

Well my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 has 896 CUDA Cores, whatever that means. Probably not the same thing, as this was a modest sub $200 GPU board a couple of years ago.

But to the credit of Arturia's developers, they seem to have steered much of the graphic hit to the graphics processor.

Yet, at 40% it's still got legs! :)

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Just wondering about the M1Max …

It'll probably be fine - I think the CPU and GPU are separate, but the whole system shares the RAM. That's just my (possibly incorrect) understanding of the M1 architecture though; best way to find out is to give it a whirl - it is free 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abacab said:

Discovered that the KeyLab (and probably the MiniLab) has the macro controls pre-mapped for this! :)

For everyone else with a generic MIDI controller, there is MIDI Learn to assign them with.

A bit disappointed it doesn't come with NKS, but I guess that will be part of the full version once that one comes out.

It does however nicely map to the Cubase Quick Controls

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 12:35 PM, Magic Russ said:

However, I have been seeing some of the pads go over 55% CPU on my machine.

I am not finding this usable due to high CPU loading - It could be just my machine (laptop).   But if I try to play a chord,  CPU will go to 100%.

Does sound nice when I can get it to play . . .

Also - Still on Win 7.  The specs say win 8.1 and up . . .   I guess you can't use them all . . . .   

Syphus

The latest, greatest, software will likely have been developed and tested only on current hardware, and is bound to push the limits of older hardware + operating systems.

I understand some folks are still using older hardware, as was I at one point, but sooner or later new technology will pass you up if you stand still. However, there is still plenty of good old software that was written on older machines that will run great. For best performance my suggestion is to stick to software that was published during the years when your machine was current.

14 minutes ago, abacab said:

I understand some folks are still using older hardware, as was I at one point, but sooner or later new technology will pass you up if you stand still. However, there is still plenty of good old software that was written on older machines that will run great. For best performance my suggestion is to stick to software that was published during the years when your machine was current.

Completely understood, but I just added the post for anyone that is still using win 7 so that they may have an answer as to why it may not be working correctly for them.

I have installed other software that states that it only specs Win 8+ and find that most of the time there is no problem  . . .

Thanks,

Syphus

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Syphus said:

I am not finding this usable due to high CPU loading - It could be just my machine (laptop).   But if I try to play a chord,  CPU will go to 100%.

Does sound nice when I can get it to play . . .

Also - Still on Win 7.  The specs say win 8.1 and up . . .   I guess you can't use them all . . . .   

Syphus

whats your cpu specs?