C'mon C'mon

kloon

More gritty than usual. Hope you like it.

I dont need anyone
I just need me
I never pray for a miracle
You are barking up the wrong tree
I dont need anyone
Just the air that i breath
I never pray for redemption
You are barking up the wrong tree

C'mon c'mon
This is your time to shine
This is your time to speak your mind
Dont let me down this time

Brothers and sisters
Dig deep into your hearts
Deep into your souls
For something more
Brothers and sisters
I still love you all
But you're stuck on repeat
Dancing to someone elses beat

Now I dont want to pick you up
Just to watch you fall
Im not gonna be here if you hit the ground
I wont stay that long
Now dont be afraid to make a change
And believe in yourself
I want you to know that you're strong
Much stronger than you think you are

So C'mon c'mon
This is your time to shine
This is your time to speak your mind
Dont let me down this time, down this time

Brothers and sisters
Dig deep into your hearts
Deep into your souls
for something more
Brothers and sisters
I still love you all
But you're stuck on repeat
Dancing to someone elses beat

• Like 1

I enjoyed the song, I would be interested in what message you were sending ( as a lyrics kinda guy ) .. or maybe there's not a message ..anyhow it is another KLOON tune that works well to me ... other than a couple of things I noticed.

I feel it is a little longer than I think it should be, and although your vocal work is on the money the way it's sang feels very much like your reading from a sheet of words without really feeling them, if that makes sense.

Thanks for posting

All the best

SPAK

• Like 1

Thank you very much for listening SPAK. Appreciate your kind words and interesting feedback as always. ♥️

The song is meant as a universal "whatever you as a listener may feel is wrong with the world today". For me personally it's  political, media and social media related. But i prefer to very seldom say things outright in my songs.

Edited by kloon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kloon said:

Thank you very much for listening SPAK. Appreciate your kind words and interesting feedback as always. ♥️

The song is meant as a universal "whatever you as a listener may feel is wrong with the world today". For me personally it's  political, media and social media related. But i prefer to very seldom say things outright in my songs.

Very wise 🖖 and thanks for the meaning .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kloon said:

i prefer to very seldom say things outright in my songs.

Agree. When we let our songs go, it's up to the world to interpret them the way they want.

Nice song kloon. About 2:14 there is a synth that comes in that has some really nice 'space' to it. Sounds good. Might want to add that from the beginning. I just thought it gave the song a new dimension.

As for the vocals, after reading SPAK's post I would have to agree with him on this. Except for me it only applies to the first few minutes of the song. As it went on the vocals just got more 'relaxed' and smooth. The harmony vocal is really good.

Good clean mix. Was listening to it on my studio monitors.

• Like 1

I too was looking for a specific subject for the lyrics but then I listened again.  I think I was wrong in my search for a specific subject.  This song seems to stand as kind of a broad anthem for personal involvement/action/and decision making.  At least that is what I get from it as a result of my second listening.  The instrumentation complements the lyrics and its "pop" feel makes the song very appealing.  I like your vocal delivery.  I am not a big fan of over-selling a song as seems to be the trend with a lot of popular music today (60 second held notes at full volume, coming at a note from multiple sides (at full volume), inane repetitions, etc. -- --- Good heavens, I sound like my father).  Your vocal presentation allows one to listen and ponder the lyrics.

Great stuff !

• Like 1

Nice work!  I really like the delayed guitar that comes in and how the song evolves instrumentally as it goes.  Really like the change at 2:10.  For me, the vocals are a bit to forward at the beginning of the song, but not by much.  That's me being picky, though.  I think it all sounds really good.  Nice and clear.  Listening on headphones here at work, it has a good stereo image.

• Like 1

I dig Kloon's stuff. The groove is like an ecosystem. Lots of interdependent elements that are all mixed extremely well. Sounds like a clean, pro mix. Nice! Vocals hold it all together just great.

I will diverge a little on the lyrics / meaning. From my perspective, kind of an older dude who's seen a few things,   I found the theme and lyrics kind of preachy!!! But guess what - you are not writing this for me . . . Perhaps for a certain kind of person, this could be an anthem. For someone needing a guiding light, or something. This might be their song.

Digression over. Nice tune, as usual. I haven't heard a clunker out of you yet.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

I love the way this song evolves over time, yet keeps a common thread from beginning to end.  Your multi-layered approach really pulls me in and makes me want to listen over and over.  I think that I "grok" your lyrics because it sounds like something I would have written to myself at one time or another.  What really grabbed my attention was the thought that I was listening to one of my favorite bands, Midnight Oil, which says a lot for your production skills.  How about putting up a few more?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lynn said:

I love the way this song evolves over time, yet keeps a common thread from beginning to end.  Your multi-layered approach really pulls me in and makes me want to listen over and over.  I think that I "grok" your lyrics because it sounds like something I would have written to myself at one time or another.  What really grabbed my attention was the thought that I was listening to one of my favorite bands, Midnight Oil, which says a lot for your production skills.  How about putting up a few more?  

Wow, thank you very much Lynn for your kind words! ♥️

A few more songs? Here are a couple of recent ones, but they are more electronic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U2Jlsqzzfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqhSuRyjI4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgR4BW2kAnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FKBYPYiJMA

29 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

It has a nice feel to it.  Relaxing with a great message.

🙂John B.

Thank you very much! ♥️

kloon
Boy I really like the overall sound of the song (which isn't too descriptive but I can't find a better way to put it).  The lyrics are pretty general which does make the listener interpret the meaning in a personal way. I suppose the lyrics could be accused of being overused or cliched, but to me a cliche is a good way to express something concisely since everyone knows (for example) what "barking up a wrong tree" means.
Nice work!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I enjoyed the song - especially following along with the lyrics.  The mix sounded pretty good to my ears.

Thank you very much Douglas! ♥️

4 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

kloon
Boy I really like the overall sound of the song (which isn't too descriptive but I can't find a better way to put it).  The lyrics are pretty general which does make the listener interpret the meaning in a personal way. I suppose the lyrics could be accused of being overused or cliched, but to me a cliche is a good way to express something concisely since everyone knows (for example) what "barking up a wrong tree" means.
Nice work!

Thank you very much Bjorn! ♥️

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, Lynn said:

What really grabbed my attention was the thought that I was listening to one of my favorite bands, Midnight Oil, which says a lot for your production skills. 

that came right into my mind as well, something right off of Blue Sky Mining. Awesome groove.

• Like 1