a' Reggae Music (ambient reggae music) new, improved version

Larry T.

greetings....here is a reworked version of Reggae Music....all observations, suggestions, critiques and comment are appreciated....the second link to the original will be up for awhile if anyone wants to compare and let me know what they think....

a' Reggae Music (ambient reggae music):

https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/a-reggae-music-ambient-reggae-music

a reggae music pic.jpg

****************************************************************************************************

original post:

greetings!!!! latest creation called Reggae Music (ambient reggae music)....all observations, critiques, suggestions and questions welcome....let's go!!!!

Reggae Music (ambient reggae music):

https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/reggae-music-ambient-reggae-music

reggae music pic small.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 4 lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Special Thanks to Mike at #creativesauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
improvement.

11 hours ago, jack c. said:

pat metheny chords.please try out some free bass amp sims which will give your thin bass more qualities.nice song.jack c.

i love minor 7th's 👍👍 ....funny you should mention the bass as i had two separate bass tracks and i used a tiny amount of saturation on every track but those two bass tracks as i let them go a tiny bit above -6dB in very, very few transients....truthfully, the bass sounds good enough on my reference speakers (a little low which is normal as they are after all reference speakers) and pretty fine on everything else....but i was concerned that since i left the saturation off the bass it would diminish it too much, so, i will redo the master with the bass redone and put it up soon 🎶🎶🎶🎶

****edit**** ok, bass edit done....cheers!!!!

Edited by Larry T.

52 minutes ago, jack c. said:

those are me favorite chord.jack c.

they are awesome....I do want to add a bass vst as well as the free Kontakt stuff, but my problem is my pc: only have 8GB of ram and no video card to process the DAW graphics....once the CbB ram indicator goes much above 50% CbB starts to freeze and it's not its fault, my pc simply doesn't have the processing powers to run it correctly....i plan to get a new pc in a few months, want to give Windows 11 time to get correctly integrated into as much vst software as possible....cheers 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.

Just when I was starting to get Ambient Pop, now its Ambient Reggae?

You're killin' me man!

t

On a serious note, I would work on the drums and percussion a bit.
If we are indeed shooting for "Reggae" here, it needs some work; not trying to be a buzz kill...

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

You're killin' me man!

t

If we are indeed shooting for "Reggae" here, it needs some work; not trying to be a buzz kill...

hi tom... i agree, for a reggae song the drums and percussion aren't ample enough, it is an ambient reggae tune but the rhythms could be better....i pretty much ran out of energy on this one so decided to put it on here and see what you guys say....after i refuel i will try to re-do the the rhythms....thanks for listening 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Great Idea 1

I agree with tom above. The song does have a hint of reggae, and maybe that's all you need if it's ambient reggae, but it could do with more attention to the rhythm as you stated.  It does sound very good though it might be a bit repetitive.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

As the blue smoke curls around the studio, well man lets like er you know, do this, now, really man it like really heavy getting us to play like now man can we not just you know like chill man. 😎

There is not enough Bass and the third is not punched enough, could go somewhere with a little remix, nice try though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:48 PM, bjornpdx said:

I agree with tom above. The song does have a hint of reggae, and maybe that's all you need if it's ambient reggae, but it could do with more attention to the rhythm as you stated.  It does sound very good though it might be a bit repetitive.
-Bjorn

i concur again....the rhythm needs help....i will return to this soon 🌴😎🎶🎶

On 4/16/2022 at 1:48 AM, Wookiee said:

As the blue smoke curls around the studio, well man lets like er you know, do this, now, really man it like really heavy getting us to play like now man can we not just you know like chill man. 😎

There is not enough Bass and the third is not punched enough, could go somewhere with a little remix, nice try though.

Thanks for listening/observations Wookiee....i dunno, on my equipment and to my ears the bass sounds fine after i added the Saturation....i will try to add some more to the third part....i wrote this back in 1977 after discovering Marley/Reggae and the only major difference after all these years is the addition of the synth....i will get back to it....Thanks again 🌴😎🎸🔊

Nice effort Larry, I'm not quite getting that reggae feel from the strummed guitar, perhaps it needs to be a little more staccato and less resonant - this mix is definitely better to my ears.

I must admit, I am not much of a reggae fan but it is darn difficult to do well, so kudos for taking this on.

Andy

Edited by AndyB01
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyB01 said:

Nice effort Larry, I'm not quite getting that reggae feel from the strummed guitar, perhaps it needs to be a little more staccato and less resonant - this mix is definitely better to my ears.

I must admit, I am not much of a reggae fan but it is darn difficult to do well, so kudos for taking this on.

Andy

Hi Andy....Thanks for listening and comments....it's most definitely not pure reggae but a hybrid with electronic and rock elements....I've only been on here about 9 months but haven't heard any reggae music at all so, just thought I'd try this tune out i wrote back in 1977 or so and see what I could do with it....cheers 🎶🌞⛱️🎶

On 4/14/2022 at 8:33 AM, DeeringAmps said:

You're killin' me man!

t

drums and percussion: done (i hope): lemme know, please 🥁🎶😎🌴

On 4/15/2022 at 9:48 PM, bjornpdx said:

-Bjorn

attention to rhythm: done 👌👍🥁🎶

On 4/16/2022 at 1:48 AM, Wookiee said:

more bass: done (i hope) please let me know if the bass is still lacking 😎🌴

third not punched enough: done (i hope): lemme know, please 🎶🎶 

Thanks you guys for your helpful observations, i really did slack off on this one at first 🎶🎶🎶🎶