Moving 32 bit files to 64

Clint Swank

I found an old hard drive that I thought was toast. It wasn't. I retrieved a bunch of projects recorded in the late oughts on an old laptop and Cakewalk Home Studio 7. Loaded them into Cakewalk By Bandlab and they played fine. However, the antiquated sounds and plugins needed to go. Most of this went fine, except when I tried to load a TTS-1 bass part into Kontakt. The results were exceedingly strange, and completely useless.  Could this have to do with 32 bit vs. 64?

Is there a tuning issue? By that I mean does the midi for the bass need to be transposed an octave up or down.

All the midi bass parts I use in Trilian are based on Trilian being tuned down an octave.

BTW, 32 or 64 bits, the .cwp file doesn't care. Old .cwp files created in Sonar x32 should open without issues.

In the old days I ran Sonar x64 in the Studio and Sonar x32 on the office rig. I moved files between them all the time.

t

19 minutes ago, Clint Swank said:

Could this have to do with 32 bit vs. 64?

No, as already noted the project loaded and played OK.

When opening a project created on a 32bit DAW in a 64bit DAW the only changes made are

• 32bit DX plug-ins (such as TTS-1) must be swapped out for 64bit versions. 64bit DAWs cannot load 32bit DX plug-ins. If the 64bit plug-in is not available, the DAW issues a warning message and uses a placeholder for the missing plug-in
  • 32bit VST plug-ins are replaced with 64bit version if one exists, failing that the 32bit plug-in gets loaded using a 32 to 64bit bridge (by default BitBridge).

No other changes are made to the project.

19 minutes ago, Clint Swank said:

Most of this went fine, except when I tried to load a TTS-1 bass part into Kontakt. The results were exceedingly strange, and completely useless. 

Open the instrument/MIDI track in the Event List and review the data going to the plug-in.

• Like 2