SI-Drum Kit MIDI files

KKeys88

I have downloaded a slough of MIDI files that I wish to paste into the Studio Instruments Drum instrument.  I can drag and drop individual files, but would like to put folders into the panel.  How do I get these folders of MIDI files into the SI-drum kit? 

Personally, I would add the folders to the media browser, audition from the browser then drag and drop directly into the SI-Drum instrument or MIDI track.

That said, here is the way to add folders of MIDI loops to SI-Drums browser.

• make sure CbB is not running or at least there is no instance of SI-Drums running
  • delete C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments\SI-Drum Kit\Patterns\patterns.lst
  • add folders containing the new MIDI loops to C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments\SI-Drum Kit\Patterns

The next time SI-Drums is loaded, the new pattern folders and MIDI files should appear in the SI-Drums pattern browser. SI-Drums uses patterns.lst to build the browser display. If the file is missing, the synth builds a new patterns.lst file by scanning the folders under Patterns.

I would not mix new MIDI files into the existing folders if only because it would make it difficult to restore factory settings without completely reinstalling. But the choice is yours.

• Thanks 1