Record EZ Drummer to the Cakewalk midi tracks.

JeffSouth

Help needed folks.  I chose to have EZ Drummer output each drum to separate Cakewalk channels/tracks.

One of the reasons someone mentioned doing this for on a YT vid was to be able to quantize each drum separately so you don't screw up the beats.

I like to use my mouse to sometimes record hand class right in EZD, just clicking on the handclap drum in the appropriate song parts.

But, I then figured, well, since I see the hand claps on their own track in Cakewalk meters, I have one shots set to channel 9, and I armed the track to record so it could record the hand claps as midi to the Cakewalk track so I could then quantize the claps to get their timing corrected, BUT EVEN THOUGH THE CLAPS ARE SHOWING ON THE TRACK 9 METERS, THAT TRACK RECORDS NOTHING WHY? Obviously EZ Drummer is not sending midi info out to the tracks Cakewalk has assigned to it.  This is crazy.  Yes, I know that I can do a bunch of work around, I mean, just render ez Drummer song track as a full midi file, import it in as a midi track then select only the handclaps and then quantize them, but it seems ridiculous that we can't just frickin arm the the Cakewalk track and record midi, why in the world is ez Drummer not able to send midi info to the tracks?.  I also tried to just insert a normal midi track and set the input up on channel 9 for the one shot track, but nope, EZ is not sending and midi info out to the tracks, just meter infor and the sound.  It just seems insane that we have to render all the drums as one big midi file and import that.  

And I can drag midi loops out of ez browser right to a track, but for midi I record into ez using my mouse, well, THERE IS NO midi loops of them, they are not in the browser.  And it doesn't look like you can select just one drum in ez and only quantize that drum or recording you made in it.   EZ forces me to quantize all the drums together or am I missing a way to do this in EZ?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Woo, found the EZ answer, pun intended.  EDIT PLAY STYLE SCREEN, lol.  I hated the screen and would accidently bring up up with some kind of accidental double click.  But looking on YT I found the perfect vid showing you can highlight any drum in the screen and quantize it.   That is AWESOME!!.

So this quick info will be here for anyone else who has this question.  Now I need to reconsider if I even need to set each drum to it's own Cakewalk track.  Yeah, I like using my lx4i0 relab verb for snare, but I have always found the EZ Drummer reverbs and compressors sound just fine but I could never figure out how to control reverb amounts on indiv drums.  I like more verb on a snare than on a kick many times and I don't believe EZ allows you indiv drums sends to it's own reverb.  Maybe there is a way in this play style editor, it's worth checking for sure.  Anyone know if EZ allows indiv reverb send amounts on the drums?

23 hours ago, JeffSouth said:

Help needed folks.  I chose to have EZ Drummer output each drum to separate Cakewalk channels/tracks.

One of the reasons someone mentioned doing this for on a YT vid was to be able to quantize each drum separately so you don't screw up the beats.

I like to use my mouse to sometimes record hand class right in EZD, just clicking on the handclap drum in the appropriate song parts.

But, I then figured, well, since I see the hand claps on their own track in Cakewalk meters, I have one shots set to channel 9, and I armed the track to record so it could record the hand claps as midi to the Cakewalk track so I could then quantize the claps to get their timing corrected, BUT EVEN THOUGH THE CLAPS ARE SHOWING ON THE TRACK 9 METERS, THAT TRACK RECORDS NOTHING WHY? Obviously EZ Drummer is not sending midi info out to the tracks Cakewalk has assigned to it.  This is crazy.  Yes, I know that I can do a bunch of work around, I mean, just render ez Drummer song track as a full midi file, import it in as a midi track then select only the handclaps and then quantize them, but it seems ridiculous that we can't just frickin arm the the Cakewalk track and record midi, why in the world is ez Drummer not able to send midi info to the tracks?.  I also tried to just insert a normal midi track and set the input up on channel 9 for the one shot track, but nope, EZ is not sending and midi info out to the tracks, just meter infor and the sound.  It just seems insane that we have to render all the drums as one big midi file and import that.  

And I can drag midi loops out of ez browser right to a track, but for midi I record into ez using my mouse, well, THERE IS NO midi loops of them, they are not in the browser.  And it doesn't look like you can select just one drum in ez and only quantize that drum or recording you made in it.   EZ forces me to quantize all the drums together or am I missing a way to do this in EZ?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

You are sending the EZdrummer audio output to the Cakewalk mixer channels. But you still need to do one more thing...

To record your one shot pad claps in a Cakewalk MIDI/Instrument track, use these settings in EZdrummer: Settings > MIDI Events > MIDI Out (Enable MIDI routing to other software).

Then your MIDI output will be available to record in Cakewalk.