Dream Layers

Wookiee

This was created using four instances of Cherry Audio's new Synth the Dreamsynth DS-1, which is not a copy of any specific synth but an original instrument.

It starts with the initial state of dreaming sleep and then progresses through the different layers, yes it does jump but then dreams often do.

Thanks for listening

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

This was created using four instances of Cherry Audio's new Synth the Dreamsynth DS-1, which is not a copy of any specific synth but an original instrument.

It starts with the initial state of dreaming sleep and then progresses through the different layers, yes it does jump but then dreams often do.

Nice as always. I enjoyed both the track & mix.

l dream every night & they start as I drift off to sleep so  I can relate to these layers.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Thanks 1

I've had this dream: the one where you're floating and then falling to Earth at terminal velocity - you'd better hope you wake up before impact! 😂

You paint a great soundscape, almost orchestral in parts and I love that didgeridoo type sound in the background - doing the job of both bass and rhythm. 

Great stuff

Andy

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Nice as always. I enjoyed both the track & mix.

l dream every night & they start as I drift off to sleep so  I can relate to these layers.

Sleep is a bit of an enigma personally, physically anatomical issues cause pain that disturb my sleep pattern, I am lucky to get more than 1 to 2 hours at an attempt. 

Dreams do come frequently weird strange things. 

Thanks for the ears and comments. 

Wookiee . . . it does change a lot, and the transitions between sections are very well composed . . . fitting that this would be the last music I listened to before bedtime Sunday evening, really enjoyed this, and know I will have pleasant dreams.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

Love the sound of that synth and very nicely played

Like the ARP style towards the end

Great stuff

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, it's an interesting synth, very powerful, 3 dual source oscillators + a dedicated string synth all for a stunning $39.00 of your hard earned pennies. It is also equipped with 5 built in FX. The arp can be directed to either or both of the voice sections. 

Only one of the voices in this does not have part or all triggered by the arp.

As ever I appreciate your time and ears. 

On 4/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, AndyB01 said:

I've had this dream: the one where you're floating and then falling to Earth at terminal velocity - you'd better hope you wake up before impact! 😂

You paint a great soundscape, almost orchestral in parts and I love that didgeridoo type sound in the background - doing the job of both bass and rhythm. 

Great stuff

Andy

Thank Andy, there are two voices creating that bed. A drone dig type and a similar bass sound with a synced arp which is not so obvious initially. Appreciate your time and ears. 

On 4/11/2022 at 12:05 AM, Wookiee said:

Sleep is a bit of an enigma personally, physically anatomical issues cause pain that disturb my sleep pattern, I am lucky to get more than 1 to 2 hours at an attempt. 

Dreams do come frequently weird strange things. 

Ouch.  I had ~4 years of virtually no dreams, and it really screws you up after a while.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:09 AM, noynekker said:

Wookiee . . . it does change a lot, and the transitions between sections are very well composed . . . fitting that this would be the last music I listened to before bedtime Sunday evening, really enjoyed this, and know I will have pleasant dreams.

I do hope the dreams were interesting. Thanks for listening and commenting it is very appreciated. 

On 4/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, Larry T. said:

nice soundscape....pleaseant and relaxing....thanks for showcasing the new instrument, sounds real good for $39....hope you feel better....i've had triple bypass heart surgery and the recovery took months 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks I was told I could have surgery but there was a 50% chance I would not walk again or I can wait until I can't walk then I can have surgery but there will still be a 50% chance I would not be able to walk. 

Thanks again for your kind words and support. 

On 4/12/2022 at 11:26 AM, Kevin Perry said:

Ouch.  I had ~4 years of virtually no dreams, and it really screws you up after a while.

My L4 vertebrae is about 3 mm out of alignment with the rest of my spine, along with compression of the spine at the base of the skull. 

My sympathises regarding those years of missed sleep & dreams. 

Wow I do like that digiridoo sound! Nicely done transitions from one theme to another too. Really enjoyed this one Wookie.
Sorry to hear of your health issues.  My wife has some misalignment of vertebra which causes her a lot of pain.
And speaking of sleep, I have severe Restless Leg Syndrome (which doesn't sound like a serious disease but it definitely is). I'm totally dependent on medication for sleep.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:50 AM, bjornpdx said:

Wow I do like that digiridoo sound!

And speaking of sleep, I have severe Restless Leg Syndrome (which doesn't sound like a serious disease but it definitely is). I'm totally dependent on medication for sleep.
-Bjorn

Restless leg syndrome is quite disconcerting sorry to hear you suffer. 

The digiridoo  is one of pad sounds the DS-1 has so many modulation options, each of the main oscillators has a pitch LFO, there are 3 independent LFO's that can be cross modulated. All for $39.00