8Dio Anthology Strings and Kontakt 6

Amicus717

Hi folks,

Curious if anyone else can reproduce this problem: I noticed that in Kontakt 6, the Section Mixer for Anthology Strings no longer responds properly. It is not possible to select a section and adjust the pan. Only the Violins section is highlighted, and the other sections are not selectable. This is NOT a problem in Kontakt 5. I am using the latest update to Anthology Strings (1.2), but I suspect this is a problem with the previous version, too.

Anyone else have this issue?

Rob

Seems to be OK for me in Kontakt 6.1.1(R66) with Anthology Strings 1.2.2 (which I just got the upgrade to a week ago or so).  Just be clear you load say  Divisi - Empty, switch to the section mixer and then try and change the pan control and it doesn't move?  The other sections are also selectable for me too (which is why I'm asking).

"8Dio Anthology Ensemble - Empty" patch, with the Sustains or Legato articulation loaded up.

When I got to the Section Mixer, I can't change which section is highlighted, and only the Violin's can have their pan setting changed. The pan slider works, and I can turn sections on or off. But I can't highlight the Cello section and change their pan setting, for example.

This does work for me in Kontakt 5, but doesn't work in Kontakt 6. I'm using Anthology 1.2.2 also, although the same problem occurred for me in Anthology 1.0 

Seems to be working for me and in Kontakt 5 it seems to be the same.  It sounds the like the problem is more the ability to select the other sections.  If you can't select the section you can't adjust any of it's options (not just pan).  There was an update to Kontakt 6 that fixed a lot of issues very recently, did you apply it?

• Thanks 1

One thing I did try was running Kontakt 6's Creator Tools debugger while using Anthology to select sections.  I'm amazed at how many script errors expensive libraries generate all the time.  Anthology has a couple of warnings, but nothing do to with selecting and nothing all that major though.  I'm hoping these improved developer tools will help library creators.  Good luck with finding a solution, let us know if you make some progress on it.

• Like 1

So, some interesting news: 8Dio tech support was able to reproduce the problem, and have identified the issue. They said a fix is on the way and will be issued shortly via an Anthology Strings update.

I got the email from them this afternoon.

Rob

Edited by Amicus717

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Awesome!  Though now I'm confused as why I'm not seeing it.  That and getting an update for anything from 8Dio is slightly painful, wish they would change that.  Let us know when they publish the update and what we need to do to get it.

Will do. And yeah, getting updates from 8Dio is surprisingly awkward. I didn't even realize they'd updated Anthology to 1.2 until you posted about it the other day. 

• 4 weeks later...