So Good

Kevin Walsh

I've listened to many wonderful synth-based songs, everything from ambience to trance to dance and I've always wanted to try my hand at it.  So I started this song.

It ended up as, well, something else, I'm not sure what. Whatever it is, I'd love to hear your critiques on the song in all it's aspects. Thank you in advance!

• Like 3

Extremely good job on the vocals and main break. I think one thing it ended up as is being somewhat "punk" even with the synth.  I'd like to hear it with horns ..   I'm not sure the short lead section at 2:36 was inline with the feel of the rest of the song up to that point. ??      Fantastic job exploring ..   mark

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Extremely good job on the vocals and main break. I think one thing it ended up as is being somewhat "punk" even with the synth.  I'd like to hear it with horns ..   I'm not sure the short lead section at 2:36 was inline with the feel of the rest of the song up to that point. ??      Fantastic job exploring ..   mark

Cool, I'm punk!

Rats, mark you caught me on that guitar bit. I thought about redoing it but thought, nah. :)

thanks for the critique!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Kevin - i really like this, a lot in fact

You've got a great track going here - as Jesse said drums and Bass sound spot on

Guitar solo 1.42 fabulous

This is just a great track

Love it

Nigel

Thank you. Nigel,  I'm  thrilled you liked it and thanks for the feedback!

I like it, like a darker Beach Boys? You could hang a lot on this but as is it has a driving psychedelic vibe that you can't tell if it's angsty or not. Pretty special territory. Kudos on the vocals and bgv's, nailed it. nice vocal delays . . .

great mix as well!

cheers,

-Tom

On 4/10/2022 at 5:12 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

I like it, like a darker Beach Boys? You could hang a lot on this but as is it has a driving psychedelic vibe that you can't tell if it's angsty or not. Pretty special territory. Kudos on the vocals and bgv's, nailed it. nice vocal delays . . .

great mix as well!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks, Tom! We of the Dark Beach Boys Academy appreciate your input. :)

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 3:55 AM, Wookiee said:

Whatever you intended you ended with something quite acceptable Kevin, the whole piece worked for me and the mix worked well here on my Events.

Thank you Wookie, your work was a major motivation for trying this, so your approval is a big deal for me.