Fart Man Sound Effects by RDGAudio

cclarry

17 hours ago, Scott H said:

It's curious that the marketing video doesn't play even a single fart. I need to know that these are high quality farts before I throw down my hard earned cash!

No demo means it's not worth the money and they probably know that.

22 hours ago, kevin H said:

This is the one time I really didn’t want to see a dry / wet knob.

I thought where could they possibly take it from here? 

The solids library? Version 1 the Bazooka Version2, Armaddon. Version 3, RUN! He lit it!!

-

• Haha 2

Yep I have Flatulus too. I'm not sure why I bought it and I wonder what the admission says about me :)

I did make a little diddy called Farting elves, and yes it sounded like mischievous elves kind of throwing a little gas in there back and forth.

I am thinking that elves library was also a Soundiron product. 

I could have sworn my shirt lifted off my back when I heard a few of those samples.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Reid Rosefelt said:

We really need @Simeon Amburgey to do a comparison video with Soundiron's Flatulus. 

Simeon makes every library sound great!  But is there a limit?  Can Fart Man sound impressive?  (Still can't believe there were no samples in the promo video!)

I have heard some music with flatulence in it, which is funny (at the right time and place), although I hesitate to say it's impressive.  :)  (I will admit that I've added some of these songs to the soundtrack for a guys' road trip before, mixed in with real songs, and it can lead to funny "inside jokes" from the trip.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since no one else has posted this, I'll do it. Originally posted on April 1, 2011, so take that into consideration. 🤣That said, Flatulous "blows" it out of the water. Great job, Soundiron! Another April 1st special.

Edited by John Maar
  • Great Idea 2

17 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

This all makes sense now.

https://slatedigital.com/fresh-air/

Yet more developer hyburpole.

How many more mix buss exciter plugins does the world really need? And how many more "this takes the blanket off my speakers" testimonials does the world really need? And how many more arrogant, customer-ignoring VI developers does the world really need?

ZERO.

To repurpose a Stephen Colbert line from a recent monologue, use this promo code to get Fresh Air even freer! "Suck it, Slate". Valid until next April 1.

I like the Brak reference!  I used to watch Cartoon Planet in college -- so much randomness.

Regarding the building of these fart art songs, I can't speak for Mr. Farts, but I know the guy who made the one I linked to, and they are often made with loops.  There's actually more to it than you might expect -- well, not the arranging, but the process.  The "songs" are a fun break from real work, and often each one is an exercise in learning a new plugin (whether a demo or just bought).  Since these songs are not intended to be released (most aren't, but a few did get online), there's no pressure.  It's easier to experiment and try new things when it's not a client's project nor is it your own music (which can have its own pressure of trying to make it special).  It's a chance to get back to the fun of making music and mixing where there's no pressure or expectations whatsoever.  It doesn't have to be good -- just funny!  :) So these short goof-off sessions are fun and experimental and useful for exploring what new plugins can do.  The songs are typically shared with just a few guys who appreciate this kind of stuff.  The guy rambling is his brother (and it's been chopped up to be more random), and then it's sent to him under a facetious label name and he gets a bill for the remix.  :) It's all in fun and leads to a lot of laughs.

Here's another one (they all have the same artwork), this one features the Dmitry Sches Tantra plugin later on in the music to add variety.  I figure most of you know about the plugin already.  It works surprisingly well to create background rhythms.

The one after it in the playlist is a remix of a construction kit that was a Gospel-style groove that got ruined (or made funny) by sound effects.  It features a number of well-timed farts, which reminds me of a band I used to be in, where a couple of the guys had what we called "active gas on command", where they could fart at almost any time.  Fortunately they usually kept it under control during gigs, but practice sessions were something else.  And there's some road trip stories...  :)