Drama Club Remix

Clint Swank

Yes, dear. A little more different from the previous version than I expected it to be. The big thing for me was the rediscovery of the bossa nova rhythm guitar part (far left) which was the original guitar composition. It was more like a guide track in the original arrangement, almost inaudible. But actually everything in the song proceeds from it. It's my favorite part now. It's easy for me to imagine the  guitar track as a speaker and everything else emanating from it.

Edited by Clint Swank

• 2 weeks later...

Clever, and if from personal experience, you have my condolences! Really well done catchy song.  The mix is good. I think I am hearing some competition between the vocals and the bass, like the vocals being in the lower range get a little lost when at low parts, I think the frequencies are close in some areas. A few esses I would fix if it was my song, I tend to focus too much I think on my own vocal issues. I agree with Bjorn that the chorus could come up a bit more too. Enjoyed it !

• Like 1

Thanks, folks. I found the original cwp files for this and most of the other tunes I've posted here on an old hard drive that I thought was broken and wasn't. I've been remixing them, something I couldn't do with only uploaded MP3s. This is on the  list for a remix. Thanks for the suggestions.

22 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Nicely done, enjoyed it. Unique voc delivery. I thought the chorus could stand out a bit more.
-Bjorn

16 hours ago, treesha said:

Clever, and if from personal experience, you have my condolences! Really well done catchy song.  The mix is good. I think I am hearing some competition between the vocals and the bass, like the vocals being in the lower range get a little lost when at low parts, I think the frequencies are close in some areas. A few esses I would fix if it was my song, I tend to focus too much I think on my own vocal issues. I agree with Bjorn that the chorus could come up a bit more too. Enjoyed it !

Edited by Clint Swank

On 4/24/2022 at 6:25 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

Oh I just love this.  Can you post the lyrics if you get a moment.  I got most of them.  But maybe I missed a nugget here and there.

More of this please.

You walk in like a whirlwind disaster / Sometimes sad, sometimes mad, sometimes plastered/ I know the names and I know the games and the panic attacks/ I know your life's important, baby, but/ Can't you relax?/ Can't you just stop for a minute/ Ah, but there's the rub/ I shoulda known when I first met you I joined/ Drama Club/ Drama Club/ I'm acting                                                                                                                                                                                            Opposites attract, it must be/ 'Cause I'm easy going, slow and you trust me/ We talk about it, every night/ While we sorta watch TV/ But if I wanted drama, honey, /I'd watch TNT./Can't you just stop for a minute/ Go lie in the tub/'Cause life with you is 24/7 Drama Club.                                                                                                                                                  Drama Club, I'm acting/ Like I really care/Drama Club, I'm acting/ Like I really want to share/ All the fights and the factions/ The nasty little interactions/ To you it's tragedy/ But to me it's comedy                                                                Can't you just stop for a minute/ Hell, I'm going down to the pub/ 'Cause a shot and a beer's the only way out of/ Drama club

Edited by Clint Swank
  • Like 1