Questions about New CWbBL Install

JamPro

I built a new audio computer and successfully installed Cakewalk by BandLab (CWbBL) on it.  Today, I got  everything connected up and ran CWbBL for the first time on this new computer.

Questions:

1) In the old days, an installation of Sonar (or even earlier Cakewalk) came with a short pre-installed project that included audio and midi content on it (I forget what the project was called).  I found this useful to test audio and midi playback on my computer using this included project.  Does CWbBL include such a test project?  If so where can I find it?

2) I didn't know this but I have 81 plug-in on my new computer.  It took about 10 (or more!) minutes for the VST Scan routine to scan them all.  The VST Scan successfully scanned everything with 0 errors so that is great!  But it took an awfully long time compared to what I remember with my older computer (which has over 100 plug-ins on it).  Is that normal now for CWbBL?  Is it going to take that long every time I launch CWbBL?   Is there anything I can do to speed up the VST Scan routine?

Thanks for your help.

1. The demo projects are in a separate installer available in the Cakewalk Installer found at the bottom of this page.

This appears a couple of screens into running the Cakewalk Installer.

SFdbtPJ.png

I have not installed them, but I believe the demo projects are installed in a folder under "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core"

2. 10 minutes to scan 81 plug-ins seems like a long time to me too but it depends on what the plug-ins are doing when being scanned. For example, Softube plug-ins take a lot longer to scan than any other plug-ins I own. The good news is, by default, plug-ins only scan once. Subsequent scans do not rescan previously scanned plug-ins unless they run in a shell such as Waves and Presonus or have the rescan options enabled in preferences.  Plug-ins that run in a shell must be scanned every time. Users that have these plug-ins often change CbB VST preferences to manual scan and only scan as needed.

• Like 1