Editing Nodes

Dana Elston

I've been using controllers in Cakewalk for many moons so I know how they work, how to edit, etc. That said, I've noticed in the last 6 months or so when I move a controller (not always) and move it up or down other controllers in separate tracks get grabbed and move at the same time. I do not have these other tracks selected yet they move as though I do. I'll hit control Z to undo, then do the exact same move again and it's fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

On 4/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, Dana Elston said:

I've been using controllers in Cakewalk for many moons so I know how they work, how to edit, etc. That said, I've noticed in the last 6 months or so when I move a controller (not always) and move it up or down other controllers in separate tracks get grabbed and move at the same time. I do not have these other tracks selected yet they move as though I do. I'll hit control Z to undo, then do the exact same move again and it's fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If they are moving, I guess they are somehow linked :

I'm aware of this options:

• The tracks are Ctrl+Selected
  • The tracks are grouped 

Hope it helps -

• Like 1

11 hours ago, David Baay said:

I'm talking about the clip-linking feature documented below.  If you right-click on one of the clips, and "Unlink" is grayed out, that's not the problem.

http://gaga.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Arranging.44.html

Linked clips shouldn't affect external controller behaviour - they only affect editing operations on the clip event data.

@Dana Elston -  are you using CC messages for external control?  It might be that one or more of your softsynths have their MIDI output enabled, and are echoing the CC messages to other tracks.

Unchecking the "Enable MIDI Output" on these synths might solve the issue:

image.png.adbd912c7af016520021fe1285caf0da.png

You may also want to uncheck Enable MIDI Output on your default synth options:

image.png.5b7d2194b5dc4ce9cc4bbf82a2b8b4d1.png

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Linked clips shouldn't affect external controller behaviour - they only affect editing operations on the clip event data.

The issue is with editing controllers:

"...when I move a controller (not always) and move it up or down other controllers in separate tracks get grabbed and move at the same time."

On 4/10/2022 at 10:14 AM, David Baay said:

Are they unrelated clips or possibly copied as linked clips? As you probably know linked clips will be shown with dotted outlines in the track view. Otherwise have not seen that myself and don't know what could cause it other than a bug.

Not linked or copied.