BIAS FX 2 LE FREE

satya

Ok, I bit and went and got my free plugin. 

Then I realized I already had a PG account. Looked around at the Spark and am really impressed with this  "Smart Amp". Having never heard about a "Smart Amp" I was curious, like "wt* has marketing come up with now to convince us to buy another amp!!"

Well they have come up with a amp that I want! And the price is not bad at all.

Wondering has anyone tried this new "Desktop/Home" Smart amp?

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

Ok, I bit and went and got my free plugin. 

Then I realized I already had a PG account. Looked around at the Spark and am really impressed with this  "Smart Amp". Having never heard about a "Smart Amp" I was curious, like "wt* has marketing come up with now to convince us to buy another amp!!"

Well they have come up with a amp that I want! And the price is not bad at all.

Wondering has anyone tried this new "Desktop/Home" Smart amp?

I had one Grem, and it was quite nice...not my thing, but it's an impressive little amp

• Thanks 1

Did you try recording with it Larry? Was wondering how it sounded doing that.

I am so invested into IK, but their hardware seems to be a tad more on the expensive side than this is. The new foot controller is only going for around $110.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

Did you try recording with it Larry? Was wondering how it sounded doing that.

I am so invested into IK, but their hardware seems to be a tad more on the expensive side than this is. The new foot controller is only going for around $110.

I did...and it does ok...obviously not the greatest thing out there...but certainly, for the money, it does a decent job!

The Spark is basically a hardware version of their old iOS JamUp app (yes, not the current BIAS FX 2) but with a lot of work done on the UI (and new features).

The iOS JamUp app is pretty old but cheap (there’s a freebie version and Pro is currently on sale for $10).  It’s actually more flexible than the Spark app.  If you have an old iOS device laying around, an audio interface, and small speakers, you can make your own, but the Spark excels in its portability and simplicity.

For recording, I would recommend just miking the amp just like a real amp combo rather than taking the headphone out or the digital audio out.

I got to play with a friend’s and was impressed, but I actually don’t need the portability so I convinced myself that my iOS amp sims (Nembrini) sound better, though without a streamlined and homogeneous workflow.

Some people actually upgraded their Spark amp with better speakers, but the built in ones aren’t bad.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1