Neural Q from Tone Empire FREE (until 05.01.22)

mibby

36 minutes ago, Last Call said:

What are your pc specs?

That was taken on an old Windows 10 dual core machine with 16 gigs for ram and a dedicated GPU machine.   That said, in my vast collection of plugins, that is the highest number I've ever seen.

PA Amek 9099 console runs at 3 percent with all the modules activated for perspective, and while that doesn't hold a candle to my AA or IKM stuff, that is a whole lot of audio manipulation tools in 3% compared to this 2 band EQ with a drive section running at about 40%

I also ran it on a 5 year old i5 laptop with 16 gigs of ram and it was moving between 50-60% CPU usage.  While I'm not using a really powerful machine here I'd tend to call it unacceptable for practical use in the context of a project.   And we are talking about a single plugin in the chain (but with latency settings just low enough that I can run a live guitar.

Edited by Brian Walton

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

high probability this one is getting banned from my current machine, even though it sounds quite good in a quick test.

image.png.cd7d63651f73163e85d38d8f6687a246.png

image.png.55c80e82aa59399d8dbb5645b4b86fb5.png

Yeow!!  That's REALLY surprising and too bad.   Is there an oversampling setting buried in there somewhere??   Maybe we're their Beta testers for the month and they'll fix things as they turn up?  🤔

4 minutes ago, mibby said:

Yeow!!  That's REALLY surprising and too bad.   Is there an oversampling setting buried in there somewhere??   Maybe we're their Beta testers for the month and they'll fix things as they turn up?  🤔

I'm not seeing anything.   And the min system requirements on the website are surprisingly low based on the performance I'm seeing.  

image.png.1ab5d851cb59e64b25c7fd3241bf4993.png

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

That was taken on an old Windows 10 dual core machine with 16 gigs for ram and a dedicated GPU machine.   That said, in my vast collection of plugins, that is the highest number I've ever seen.

PA Amek 9099 console runs at 3 percent with all the modules activated for perspective, and while that doesn't hold a candle to my AA or IKM stuff, that is a whole lot of audio manipulation tools in 3% compared to this 2 band EQ with a drive section running at about 40%

I also ran it on a 5 year old i5 laptop with 16 gigs of ram and it was moving between 50-60% CPU usage.  While I'm not using a really powerful machine here I'd tend to call it unacceptable for practical use in the context of a project.   And we are talking about a single plugin in the chain (but with latency settings just low enough that I can run a live guitar.

I mean, on one side you are right, it's just too much in your case.

It uses only 4% in Reaper on my M1 Macbook Air.
I am so glad I changed to Apple 🥰

• Great Idea 1

17 hours ago, Last Call said:

I mean, on one side you are right, it's just too much in your case.

It uses only 4% in Reaper on my M1 Macbook Air.
I am so glad I changed to Apple 🥰

I dropped Apple after my Apple IIc computer and haven't looked back.  

I don't base my computer purchasing decisions around some poorly coded plugin I got for free.  😆

Seriously though, I can't mentally or financially deal with a company that basically requires you to buy new software and hardware each time you want to upgrade your computer.  I have really old Windows machines that are running the latest version of Win 10 and using hardware and drivers that haven't needed an update in over 8 years.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, lawajava said:

I had trouble successfully installing it. Anyone else receive an error message on the install? 

No error message, but the license code they sent me didn't work.

Also, on a Windows Studio One setup, I am getting 20-25% CPU hit with each instance.  😕

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I don't base my computer purchasing decisions around some poorly coded plugin I got for free.  😆

Ouch if Tone Empire reads these forums 😅

Personally I think computers are crazy and we all act accordingly our experiences.
The way I see my Mac is it will last forever.
And if it works right now amazing, it will do in 20 years (granted not adding more new releases).
I am looking for something that if I close it today (laptop's lid) and I don't open it in 20 years, it will work great with what it had installed back then. 😎

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

No error message, but the license code they sent me didn't work.

Also, on a Windows Studio One setup, I am getting 20-25% CPU hit with each instance.  😕

Be sure to remove spaces before it (at least that's what happened to me when I copied/pasted it.

For some reason it had 2 spaces before it.

16 minutes ago, Last Call said:

Be sure to remove spaces before it (at least that's what happened to me when I copied/pasted it.

For some reason it had 2 spaces before it.

I tried that.  :)  I also sent off an email to their customer support.

All in all, this is HORRIBLE  PR for what could have been really great...

25 minutes ago, Last Call said:

Ouch if Tone Empire reads these forums 😅

Personally I think computers are crazy and we all act accordingly our experiences.
The way I see my Mac is it will last forever.
And if it works right now amazing, it will do in 20 years (granted not adding more new releases).
I am looking for something that if I close it today (laptop's lid) and I don't open it in 20 years, it will work great with what it had installed back then. 😎

In my day job, I've deployed hundreds of computers and while some MACs will last a long time, I've seen plenty that don't even with care.  If the battery in that machine lasts 5-7 years you will be doing well and depending on the MAC you have even the battery replacement likely isn't self servicable.  

On my PC install was flawless, serial pasted with two leading spaces. After deleteing the spaces serial was accepted.

In Studio One it added 5% CPU usage during playback with one instance and no difference with two instances.

image.png.d41e188494c04f87bd8dc659b4ffa52b.png

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel I9 10900K processor O.C. 5.0GHz, Asus Prime Z490-A mobo, 128Gb PC3300 Memory.

This was the latest Citizen Regen mix/master of Death Spiral. 84 tracks, buses and FX Channels. About 75 VSTs including 6 instances of Trigger 2 and 7 instances of Slate's Virtual MIx Rack. as well as Lurssen Mastering Console on the 2 bus. Buffers was set at 2048.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bapu said:

The bottom line was these two instances were on my two bass tracks (neck and bridge pickups) using the two bass presets. No wow factor with this plugin.

Hey! At least they gave us something to entertain us for 5 minutes ! 🤣