Neural DSP Birthday Sale! 50% Off! 8th-18th April

Barrie

7 hours ago, ALC said:

Haven't gotten any Neural DSP products yet.  Am I missing out on anything if I already have AmpliTube, Amp Room, PA (9X), and Nembrini (on IOS)?

They are top notch quality. Amp room is OK, some people love it, but Line 6 Helix, Mercuriall and Neural DSP are at another level for me. Otto Audio II II II II as well. Of these, Line 6 Helix and Mercuriall you still need to know what you're doing, but Neural and Otto Audio are almost impossible to make sound bad. There's no "meh".

Amplitube and Th-U play at the same level as Amp Room and the PA (older Nembrini) stuff. Ok, but nothing to fax home about. Its very easy to get into "meh" territory with them, maybe because there's so many options and it's so easy to get it set up poorly, but to my ears the options just don't sound as good even at their best. 

I'm still learning guitar so I'm no pro these are just my opinions from demoing or owning these and geeking out over guitar tone at the expense of getting better at playing, lol. 

I think if you haven't demoed any Neural DSP you really owe it to yourself to. They're a joy to use. If I was doing it over I'd have skipped Amplitube and Th-U and bought gradually into Neural DSP with the money I spent on them. 

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

My answer would be 'No', but that is just my opinion. I never use the ones I have, some people love them, best to demo them and make up your own mind.

I did the demo's a while back, and they are quite good, but I can get needed results with what I have, 
and the Neural Plugins are bit too expensive in this $29.99 current market, even when on sale

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ALC said:

Haven't gotten any Neural DSP products yet.  Am I missing out on anything if I already have AmpliTube, Amp Room, PA (9X), and Nembrini (on IOS)?

Thats hard to answer. It sort of depends what your budget is and what you are after. I own one Neural  item and AT5. I can only comment on what i use,  which is mostly clean and medium gain tones. I bought the Cory Wong because I kept hearing very good things about the company. I am quite happy with the product. It is well made and feels and sounds different than what I can get in AT5. I see from other posters that use heavy and high gain tones that Neural is king in that area. Best thing to do is demo and decide.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Heath Row said:

best to demo them and make up your own mind.

5 hours ago, Craig N said:

I think if you haven't demoed any Neural DSP you really owe it to yourself to.

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Best thing to do is demo and decide.

OK, I got the message.  Now, which one(s) to demo?  I don't know what to do with high gain, but I like clean to crunchy rock.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

I did the demo's a while back, and they are quite good, but I can get needed results with what I have, 
and the Neural Plugins are bit too expensive in this $29.99 current market, even when on sale

Yeah, the prices were above what I've been willing to pay.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ALC said:

OK, I got the message.  Now, which one(s) to demo?  I don't know what to do with high gain, but I like clean to crunchy rock.

Tim Henson / Cory Wong / Plini / Nolly / (believe it or not) Gojira would probably fit the bill. 

Since they're on sale at Easter and Black friday, it seems a lot of people just pick up one or two and then wait for the next sale to add to the collection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:00 AM, Barrie said:

Tone King Imperial MKII not included.

I logged in and I see that as an existing user I’m eligible for a 20 euro loyalty discount.  So while not part of 50 off sale they do offer some discount bringing it down from 99 euro to 79 if anyone is interested.