"Turning Sixty"

Lee Shapiro

well Happy Birthday eventually. Go forth boldly, weary traveller. If you can work in "crochet" into your rhyme scheme, you still got it. Sell this the the Boss, he'll be 80 soon and can change the lyrics  :)

Liked the mix, very clean, and the lyrics tickled.

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday!

I'll be joining you in the sixties club later this year but I can still run a 10k in under 60 minutes (just about) and I never imagined doing that in my sixth decade! Just shows how times change and you can do this stuff if your body and attitude allows. I'm not trying to prove a point though, it just helps me stay sane.

Loved the sentiment and song, I'd bring up the BGVs a tad and the guitar solo - one crit: did you really have to mention the prunes... ☹️🥴😝

Andy

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

I'd bring up the BGVs a tad and the guitar solo - one crit: did you really have to mention the prunes... ☹️🥴😝

It was a tough mix for the background vocals during the chorus.   If I turned them up a little louder they would have interfered with the lead vocal.  But at the same time, I thought the BGV were too good to waste so I gave them their own solo section in the very last chorus.
Someone else mentioned the guitar solo too, so I'll probably do a remix of the song and experiment with the backing vocals.
As for the prunes, yeah and some older people probably got insulted about having 7 cats.  LOL!

Thanks!

Edited by Lee Shapiro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Love the vocals! and the story.

No need to freak out, what will be will be, and you can only control nothing.  You're doing fine!

Great song!

Jesse, you stole the words right out of my mouth - I agree totally with what Jesse said (again!!)

Nigel

• Thanks 1

Lee . . . always great to see someone still rockin' and creating songs at 60, I've always thought making music helps turn back the dial a little bit . . . unless of course you got famous and made lots of money, well, many of those folks didn't last to 60. I really liked the lyrics and the guitar solos, and as always you've got great balance in your mix. The vocals are very catchy, and the attitude you have singing them makes it a great listen.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, noynekker said:

Lee . . . always great to see someone still rockin' and creating songs at 60, I've always thought making music helps turn back the dial a little bit . . . unless of course you got famous and made lots of money, well, many of those folks didn't last to 60. I really liked the lyrics and the guitar solos, and as always you've got great balance in your mix. The vocals are very catchy, and the attitude you have singing them makes it a great listen.

Thank you, I appreciate the comments.   And if I figure if I made it past 27 (the infamous "27 club")  I'm okay.  But then again, I'm not a rock star.  :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

Lee, it's interesting to hear people's takes on getting older. You have to have a good sense of humor to deal with it and you have that going for sure.
Love the song.
-Bjorn

Thanks! 
And my sense of humor is just a mask.  (The best comedians get a lot their material from fear, pain, anger, etc.)  But writing music about stuff does keep me going.

Just turned 69 but I forget the what that means now?  I used to know. 

Great song I don't often listen all the way through but today there seems to be a lot of great songs posted and this was one of them I just had to finish. I can hear a lot of Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen in here. The ending was perfect. 

Oh, now I'm enjoying your whole playlist! 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Just turned 69 but I forget the what that means now?  I used to know. 

Great song I don't often listen all the way through but today there seems to be a lot of great songs posted and this was one of them I just had to finish. I can hear a lot of Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen in here. The ending was perfect. 

Oh, now I'm enjoying your whole playlist! 

Thank you John.  I can't tell you how good that makes me feel when I read comments like yours.   Thanks for listening and enjoying!

Loved those lyrics Lee. The song is great. Small crit: the drums (or at least the snare) seems about a db too loud. It's just a little distracting.

The piano  tone is great.

Edited by Bapu