Bass players? What are you absolute favorite strings, and what do they cost?

16 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I hope no-one tries smoking near him... that stuff is like napalm in a can!

I found Mr Sheen or Pledge or some other generic household spray polish works just as well.

No one in the band smoked tobacco at that time. 😉

7 hours ago, Jack Stoner said:

I use a Blitz cloth to wipe down the strings on my Pedal Steel.  It would probably work for others too.  The cloth seems to last forever.

Paul Franklin,  a "big time" Nashville session picker first told me about the Blitz cloth.

Like this here? If so that's not a bad idea, I'll grab one. Do you use just the cloth or some cleaning agent too? 

Blitz Stainless Steel Care Cloth-Single Ply, Treated, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KVYVXX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kduaDbXBMRQPQ

I’ve been using Ernie Ball rounds lately.  I only change them about once a year.  I’ve played around with several different makes of Flats, but seem to end up back to rounds.  Of the Flats I’ve tried, so far I’ve liked La Bella’s the best.   I’m really dying to try Thomastiks, but ouch they are expensive.

Edited by michaelhanson

7 hours ago, Jack Stoner said:

Thanks Jack. I couldn't get that link to work, but just to make sure, did you mean this one? 

Blitz Metal Care Original Cloth”, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KVYVWZQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gWCaDbZ4K23EN

GHS Boomers most of the time.

I have tried the Elixers here in Barbados as the atmosphere can be difficult re rust etc - they were OK but didn't like the tone so much.

Have just purchased some Dean Markley Blue Steel (cryogenically activated whatever that may mean!!) They were pretty reasonably priced, around $25 - have not tried them yet

Nigel