media

Kawika

Question

5 answers to this question

Is this from the Media Browser from within Cakewalk?

if you browse to the referenced folder using Windows explorer, are there any files there? If so, what file extension are they?

What version of Cakewalk are you running (The latest is 2022.02 Build 39)

Hi,

Yes, I was looking in Media Browser from within Cakewalk. So....I went to my D Drive, where the loops folders live....and no files in the folders! Thhis is concerning as I have/had 600.00 worth of loops. I am running latest Cakewalk.

suggestions?

Could I have lost it all using "clean audio folder" while working on a song?

Thanks,

Kawika

I think I screwed up: So I need to right this ship moving forward and see if the loops are to found in a back up, If not, I do have an unopened bottle of Jim Beam.

I must have deleted all my loops somehow during "clean audio folder".  The good news is , I did not lose any audio attached to ongoing projects.

So, I checked my Folder Locations, and it reads:  😄 Cakewalk Content\Audio Lib\ loops.  My Global Audio Folder is simply D:\

The few loops I have in the C drive are still there.

My intention was to put my loops on my D Drive entitling a folder "loops" (which is now empty). 

How can I set up my system to guard against similar problems  moving forward?

Thanks,

Kawika

File management is all about using Window the way we have always used Windows since the last century. 

You put things in folders and you try and keep track of things by having a system that works for you. Everyone is different. 

Ways to make life easier: 

Pay attention when installing software. You are often given choices for pathways. 

Clearly name and even Date folders. 

Don't store stuff on your desktop. Create Shortcuts to the folders. 

If you download loops from a vendor they probably will first land in your Downloads folder. Drag those to a different drive and make sure to test them before you delete the original download. Most cases you can re download from the vendor. 

Everything you delete accidentally will be in your recycle bin. 

The Clean Audio folder would have nothing to do with deleting loops  unless the Project folder was used as a  location for them which would be very weird choice.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1