Crash After Export

Jeremy Fox

Greetings,

In the latest release, I believe there is a memory leak or something going on related to exporting. If I export a section of a project and leave the software running for some hours, when I return and click anywhere in Cakewalk, it will immediately crash (go white). Feels like a memory leak. This seems to ONLY happen after exporting something (in my case, to MP3).  When I leave the software running for hours, without having exported anything, it doesn't crash. That's the way it seems over here, anyway!

-Jeremy

1 hour ago, Jeremy Fox said:

Render Buffer size was already set to Playback Size.

Plugin Flushing was set to 20. I set it to 0. (What does this do, exactly?)

We'll see how it goes!

Thanks.

-Jeremy

Plugin flushing sends silence to the plugin for a period of time, or until a quietness threshold is met. When set to 20, it's the equivalent of 20 seconds of silence.   This is to ensure that things like reverb tails are cleared before moving on to the next export.

Some plugins get upset with the plugin flushing, so setting it to 0 essentially disables it. 

6 hours ago, Jeremy Fox said:

Interesting. Thanks.

Well, that seems to have done the trick. I did an export before work. Came back afterwards, no crash.

Many thanks!

-Jeremy

Glad it worked out for you.

If possible, could you capture a crash dump and send it to us with the plugin flushing set to 20?  It would be useful to know which plugin is causing the issue.

• 2 months later...