Is there a bulk midi program????

newmixacts

Can anyone help me!! I started programing Top 40 midi files in the the late 80's. I have more than 2000 songs programmed. My problem started when a friend came over and started  changing midi channels on my gear. He changed my drum machine mid Cannel to Ch 1. Gen Midi is set to 10. He changed channels on my keyboard also. When he left, I didn'trealized what he had done until 20 years and 2000 + songs later. MY SONGS WONT PLAY ON A GEN MIDI DEVICE NOW!!!

Is there a bulk midi program, I can use to fix this? I need to be able to change all 2000 songs on Ch 1 to Ch 10. Change all 2000 songs on Ch 13 to Ch 1 and so on?? 

Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...

He changed 2000 MIDI files' channel assignments? If so, ask him how he did it and reverse the process. Why would he have been messing with your files?

I'm thinking that what is more likely is that he changed the channels on your gear? That's a relatively easy fix.

There should be a way to go into these devices' settings and check what MIDI channel they are set to listen on. They should be set to Omni, or maybe for the drum machine, Ch. 10.

• 3 weeks later...

I just Googled "edit midi file bulk" and got a few hits, but only one possibly claims to do what you're trying to do (that I found, anyway).  I won't link here because they are using a self-signed cert that throws an error, but the name of the software is Canato.

I've never used it, but I did navigate to the site and I don't see any malicious software being downloaded.

You might want to check it out, but be cautious.