SynthMaster One v1.5.0 update: NKS compatibility and more!

Frank

We are proud to announce the latest v1.5 update for our SynthMaster One software synthesizer. This update brings a major new feature: Compatibility with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS's Native Kontrol Standard (NKS). NKS allows SynthMaster One to be seamlessly integrated with Native Instruments' Maschine and Komplete Kontrol hardware controllers.

To make NKS compatibility a reality, we performed the following tasks:

1. Tagged and categorized all factory/expansion presets according to NKS 1.5 classification standards.
2. Generated audio previews for all factory/expansion presets so that they could easily be previewed using Maschine / Komplete Kontrol controllers.
3. Defined custom control knob mappings for all factory/expansion presets. Each preset is analyzed with a helper tool developed by KV331 Audio, and NKS performance pages are generated with this tool based on the active status of modules used by the preset.

Aside from NKS compatibility, this update includes critical bug fixes / improvements as well:

1. Fixed: SynthMaster One doesn't report value changes for automated parameters correctly.
2. Fixed: SynthMaster One doesn't read waveforms for expansions.
3. Fixed: SynthMaster One Standalone (Windows) always displays a wait cursor.
4. Fixed: In Mono Legato mode, Some synth modules don't reset state variable correctly.
5. Fixed: SynthMaster One UI performance is sluggish on MacOS Catalina and above.
6. Fixed: SynthMaster One has inconsistencies displaying parameter values.
7. Fixed: When octave/semitone dropdown value is changed via mouse wheel, displayed value doesn't change.
8. Fixed: SynthMaster One might stop responding to MIDI CC messages when it receives multiple CC.
9. Fixed: Preset browser is not refresh correctly when preset attributes are updated.
10. Fixed: Preset banks are now stored under Public Documents folder instead of user's Documents folder. This prevents files to be deleted from documents folder when iCloud sync is active.
11. Fixed: SynthMaster One AAX doesn't load saved settings correctly.
12. Fixed: When a preset can not be loaded due to errors, SynthMaster One might crash.
13. Fixed: SynthMaster One can not get file list from Google Cloud.
14. Fixed: When SynthMaster One receives 2 identical MIDI messages at the same time, hanging notes might occur.
15. Fixed: SynthMaster One VST is not recognized by Cubase 11 on MacOS.
16. Fixed: SynthMaster One generates crackles when ran inside a DAW that uses variable buffer size (such as FL Studio).

This update is free for registered SynthMaster One users. They can simply check for updates inside the plugin window to download the latest version automatically. An updated demo version of SynthMaster One also includes the NKS content for the factory library of SynthMaster One.

To download and install the NKS content for expansions, registered SynthMaster One users need to restore their SynthMaster One expansions inside the plugin window and then rescan NKS Library inside Maschine / Komplete Kontrol software.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 4/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, Esteban Villanova said:

I’ve had horrible crashes and errors every time that I installed this.

Me too.  Had to revert to 1.4 even though I get the hour glass (wait cursor) problem with 1.4 standalone.

Whatever, was just trying to help. They have always been responsive to me regarding tickets.

A support ticket is always the best way to get official help from a developer, and for them to track resolution. KVR forum members frequently just tend to rant about issues with products and the devs really can't properly troubleshoot in an anonymous forum environment. KV331 Audio is a very small company, although not always perfect, they do try hard to get it right.

17 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Any news when Synthmaster 2 will get the NKS treatment? 

Haven't heard, but should be available in v3. :)

Regarding NKS, I think the preview feature is more helpful with sample based instruments due to their often long preset load times. I haven't noticed that big a difference for pure synthesizers to actually load a preset or to play a NKS preview. But the preset tagging system is quite helpful in any case!

Edited by abacab