Anyone attending this year's Sweetwater GearFest?

I just registered. Idk if I'll actually make it. It's a 10 hour drive for me, but I'm tempted.

Sure would be nice to see folks.

I'd like to see Mr. Anderton in person. Shake his hand. Thank him.

If I make it, it'll be on Saturday only.

Edited by Gswitz

It was a great show. The workshops were great. The SW staff was super friendly and helpful.

They had continuous shuttle busses from the parking lot to the event. I never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. Typically, it was a five-minute wait.

All the various mfg's had outdoor tents with their gear:  Roland, Yamaha, Bose, Gibson, Fender, Shure, etc all had tents. Mfg reps and/or SW sales reps were there to talk and answer questions. There was an "open box" tent where deals were to be found. There was also a "flea market" tent with gear for sale from private individuals.

Lots of food trucks were there. I brought sandwiches and pop in a cooler from home and rode the shuttle back to my car for lunch.

Parking and getting into the event was free.  SW also supplied free bottled water in ice bins. The weather was perfect: no rain and not too hot.

I'm definitely going back next year. I may take advantage of the free field they provided for tent campers, and camp there so I can stay both days.  😊

• Like 1

We were going to stay most of Saturday... but the wife and I were exhausted after being there for 12 hours Friday.

Stayed until about Noon on Saturday... and headed home.

This year was more crowded than the past several.  I'm guessing 15,000 people.

Paul Alfery (one of my clients) was doing demos for Music Group.   Was great to meet him and talk shop.

Wanted to get to both of Craig Anderton's seminars... but unfortunately missed them both.

Got to speak with Craig for a few minutes while we were outside perusing the Presonus tent.

Even tech-savvy folks learn from Craig; always something to add to your work/methods.

Sweetwater puts on a great event.  This year was no exception.

• Like 1