FR: Retain MIDI Clip Names When Bouncing

sjoens

6 hours ago, sjoens said:

Audio clips, yes. MIDI clips, no. Names disappear.

Edited OP to clarify.

HUMOUR: 😭 You let me waste 10mins to record that audio clip and to make the video just to rephrase the OP? 🤣

On a serious note: 😐

Isn't it maybe for reasons such as: you can easily change your mind and choose a different preset or a totally different VSTi - last minute in the project? So keeping a name would not make sense if you go from a grand piano to a flute. 

Edited by Will.

Teaching moment?! One forgets how different things can be, that shouldn't be, in this great piece of machinery. So thanks for the vid.

I think OUAT* both behaved that way. Then we protested(?) and they changed behavior for audio clips only.

BTW, no time in DAW is waisted. I always learn something from it. :)

Forums, OTOH... :D

*once upon a time (ina land fara away)

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 4:16 PM, sjoens said:

I think OUAT* both behaved that way. Then we protested(?) and they changed behavior for audio clips only.

Ach, that old bugaboo: if we change how it works due to majority(?) request, it will screw up someone's workflow.

That's why when I talk about my favorite request, to be able to suppress the automatic splitting in Comp mode, I always say "to have the option to turn it off," rather than just "make it go away." Although I've never yet heard from anyone on the forum who makes use of the feature, I just know that somewhere out there is someone who loves it.