FR: Event List View Menu Update

sjoens

In the Event List under Views I'd like to see at least the major controllers listed as selectable.

Currently all controllers are lumped together in one group.

The short list:
1-Modulation wheel
2-Breath Control
4-Foot controller
5-Portamento Time (MSB)
7-Volume
8-Balance (MSB)
10-Pan
11-Expression
64-Sustain Pedal (on/off)
65-Portamento (on/off)
71-Resonance (filter)
72-Sound Release Time
73-Sound Attack Time

This so we don't have to weed through the entire list to find the ones we're looking for.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sjoens said:

In the Event List under Views I'd like to see at least the major controllers listed as selectable.

I remember using a filter in conjunction with the Event List.   For example, let's say you use controllers in a range from 21 to 26 (or 71 to 73) you could find them more easily.  Using this method will leave black rectangular cells in the left-hand column for the desired controllers.

At the time of that post I specifically remember thinking it would be nice to have this functionality built into the Event List management system.  But I didn't suggest it because (1) most Cakewalk users seem to be more interested in manipulating audio data, not midi data and (2) the devs seem to have plenty of more important stuff to do.  However, there seems to be an increased interest in midi these days.

I would love to see a redesigned edit filter tied in with the Event List if its possible and if its a now deemed to be a reasonable use of development time. Perhaps targeted filter-by-type dialogs or fly-out menus, radio dials,  check boxes, etc. based on each specific data type?

Edited by User 905133
Removed a lot of unnecessary wording so my support for improving the Event List wasn't lost (I hope); changed the link from an embedded post link to a text-based link

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

Hmmm, I just want to select/deselect CC's from the Event List > View window.

Not sure your method will do that w/o being time consuming.

Yes. I recognized that.  I was trying to call attention to an overly complicated solution in hopes that the forces around here that make the decisions about what to spend their time improving would see the value in a streamlined method like you proposed.  I guess it wasn't clear that I was endorsing your idea. Sorry if that wasn't clear from my post.  I will try to fix it.

Just to be clear, last June I felt it was way too time consuming to be able to find specific data types in the event list, but I recognized at the time that there was little chance that the Event List would be given any attention.

Edited by User 905133
(2) font changed at the end of paragraph 1 to reflect the task was completed; (1) grammatical/spelling corrections

• 4 weeks later...