Glyn Barnes

Beyond Reason's Edge

Well that was fun. Can't offer much other than the intro might have run a tad longish. But this is avant prog so whichever the hell these days. Sounds good to my ears, definitely tells a story.

I like the lead synth and perhaps more of those brighter elements might help push the mix a tilt toward the shinier side. If you have a mix bus tool that might add just a bit of high end sheen. I use zynaptic intensity for this purpose because my mixing skills are hit and miss sometimes.

Anyway, this is an adventurous listen and a good one at that. Nice job.

-Tom

Glyn
Not sure if it's the song or the genre but I couldn't get into it. The opening with the ominous synth is good but maybe a bit long. I liked the operatic singing part near the end.
I think the song would work very well as a soundtrack to a video.

Thanks guys! I think you are correct that the intro is too long as it stands. Maybe a higher synth part coming in  over the top to build tension may help.

Edited by Glyn Barnes

I agree about the intro being a little long...  got impatient for when it was going to change.  🙂

Today I bit the bullet and plugged in my new Orion Studio to my Focals.
Some how I think it needs some sparkle/shimmer in the top end.

Well done on your composition.

This song is an adventure to listen to because of its dramatic changes.  I like that you used volume and texture to mix it up, so to speak.  The beginning didn't bother me because it reminded me of my Korg M1 days.  All in all, very well done.

• Like 1