Using Dimension Pro, Rapture 1.22 sounds in Rature Session

Hi Everyone,

I hoping this is the correct area on this forum to to direct this question.  I'm a registered user of Dimension Pro and Rapture 1.22 and Sonar Platinum.  Dimension Pro doesn't authorize even though Cakewalk provided me with an unlock code.  I have seen posts discussing this but have been unsuccessful in having my Dimension Pro and Rapture 1.22 sounds show up in Rapture Session.  It would be great to have them show up in one plugin.  Can anyone assist me with this as well as the Dimension Pro authorization issue?  I even went so far as to purchase Translator 7 Pro to convert all Dimension Pro, Rapture and Rapture Session .sfz files to SampleTank 3 to no avail.  Very frustrating!   

Installing Dimension Pro using Cakewalk Command Center should activate the plug-in automatically. Just like every other product listed in the Command Center.

To manually active Dimension Pro, run the standalone synth or DAW as administrator and enter the serial number and registration code. Usually these are found in your old Cakewalk account.

If you cannot access your old Cakewalk account, contact support@cakewalk.com and they will reset your password. Note: this is the same user ID and password used by the Command Center.

The Rapture Session install process looks for Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic install information in the registry. If it finds these plug-ins are installed, the Rapture Session installer copies the programs into the Rapture Session program folder and adds the appropriate registry entries. So, the Rapture Session installer needs to be run after installing Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic. If the installers were run out of sequence, re-run the Rapture Session installer.

FWIW I did a recent DAW machine build and found that Dimension Pro only authorized after I ran SONAR Platinum and inserted it as an instrument track.

I can't remember if I had to run SONAR as administrator or not, but basically the steps were:

1. Opened CbB, inserted Dimension Pro - it wasn't authorised
2. Closed CbB, opened SONAR Platinum  and inserted Dimension Pro - it showed as authorized
3. Closed SONAR, and opened CbB and inserted Dimension Pro - it was still authorized.

That's unusual.

There is no special relationship between the DAW and Dimension Pro.

Starting with Vista, activation requires elevated privileges because the process updates HKLM\Cakewalk Music Software\dp.

CCC handles activation for everything installed using it.

Prior to CCC, activation was a manual process.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your advice.

scook!  Rapture Session now shows Rapture Session, Dimension Pro and Rapture 1.22 sounds.  Unfortunately, the only sounds you can tweak in the Instruments section are the Rapture Session sounds.  Dimension Pro and Rapture 1.22 sounds, don't look like they can be tweaked in Rapture Session.

msmcloed!  I tried your method and it didn't work.

I messaged support@cakewalk.com and they said Dimension Pro was authorized in CCC but I find it odd that while CCC shows on their end it's authorized, why do I constantly have to go through the authorization process every time I launch Dimension Pro in CbB or SP?

Anyhow, I'm sure it will get resolved.

Thanks again!

27 minutes ago, doubedee60 said:

Rapture Session now shows Rapture Session, Dimension Pro and Rapture 1.22 sounds.  Unfortunately, the only sounds you can tweak in the Instruments section are the Rapture Session sounds.  Dimension Pro and Rapture 1.22 sounds, don't look like they can be tweaked in Rapture Session.

Yeah, the point of Rapture Session was twofold

1. provide a 64bit replacement for Cakewalk Sound Center and 
  2. provide a taste of Rapture Pro, the paid replacement for Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic.
32 minutes ago, doubedee60 said:

I messaged support@cakewalk.com and they said Dimension Pro was authorized in CCC but I find it odd that while CCC shows on their end it's authorized, why do I constantly have to go through the authorization process every time I launch Dimension Pro in CbB or SP?

That is strange. 

What version of Windows, Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware software are you using?

13 hours ago, doubedee60 said:

I've always had this issue with Dimension Pro.  When I was able to access CCC, my Dimension Pro Serial and Reg Codes were there but I haven't been able to unlock it.    

Did you run Cakewalk as ADMIN as scook has said above? This has always been the way since I remember way back. It's easy to forget. Open Cakewalk using Run as Administrator then insert Dim Pro into a project and use the serial numbers to activate. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Great Idea 1

Running Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by Bandlab as an administrator and entering the serial # and registration code doesn't authorize Dimension Pro.  When I click Complete, I receive an Invalid Registration Code error.  I can't register online at the Cakewalk Website because while I know my user name, I can't remember my password.  I have requested a password reset but Cakewalk says Dimension Pro is registered so there's no need to issue a reset.  I explained to them that while it's authorized on your end, it's not on mine.  I requested for a 2nd time a password reset 2 days ago and still haven't received a reply.

So I received my password reset from support@cakewalk.com and even tried registering Dimension Pro online.  It recognized my serial number and informed my that DP was already register by me but to just enter the registration code to unlock it.  It still doesn't unlock.  I even tried again to run CBB as an administrator and register DP.  I still receive an invalid registration code error.  This is really odd because CCC shows the same serial # and registration code.  

I haven't been able to authorize Dim Pro in years. Believe me, I've tried every trick in the book. Last time I was successful was around 2008, after a Cakewalk employee  (who no longer works there) gave me an obscure workaround, but I've forgotten what his trick was.

I just keep hoping someday they'll dust off the source code, get rid of that arcane authorization scheme and start selling it again. It's a great product.

33 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I haven't been able to authorize Dim Pro in years.

Even when using CCC?

I performed a clean install of Win 10 in 2016, and CCC installed and authorized all of my Cakewalk stuff, Sonar Platinum and all the extras.

Edited by abacab

It's been a while since I've attempted to get Dim Pro going, but when I say "every trick in the book" I'm pretty sure that included a complete uninstall and re-install.  What eventually worked was something very obscure that only someone with access to DP internals would have come up with. Wish I'd made notes at the time. I'm usually a compulsive note-taker, but didn't think I'd need to do that again, i.e. didn't anticipate my computer being stolen and having to rebuild everything from scratch.

It's no big deal. Once upon a time, Dim Pro was a go-to instrument. But that was 1.5 terabytes of Kontakt libraries ago.

• Haha 1

Odd. I have Dim Pro installed on 3 computers 2 of them which I totally redid about 2 years ago. And I clearly remember having to run as administrator, insert Dim pro and it would take the authorization number. 
It goes with out saying you have to be on line. 

1050498999_Screenshot(393)_LI.jpg.245d475eec0823cc6030496a6f50bdc5.jpg

Edited by John Vere