Seaweed Audio updates Fathom with Spectral Modulation

cclarry

Seaweed Audio has updated Fathom to version 3.8.3, which now features Spectral Modulation (added in v3.7.0, released in early March 2022).

This new oscillator feature enables users to modulate individual partials in real time over a range of harmonics. Three types of modulation are provided, harmonic amplitude modulation, phase modulation and frequency modulation and all three can be activated simultaneously.

https://www.fathomsynth.com/

• Thanks 2

Fathom is now updated from within the GUI. In settings, there is "check for update" button. If there is an available update, you just copy the download link to the clipboard. That part is very straightforward. In fact there are no longer any download links on the web page.

But you still need your unzip password to unpack, then your email address and order # to activate the installer. Yep, that part is still a non-standard mess.

Fathom software upgrade.PNG

• Thanks 2

Take a look at the Fathom folder in your Documents folder. It creates secondary folders instead of updating the existing ones, with mostly duplicate content. I have to check each of the "xxxxxx 2" folders content sorted by date to see if there's anything new or updated. This time, there was, so I copied over the additional content folders from "Programs" to "Programs 2", then deleted all of the "xxxxx" folders, and renamed the "xxxx 2" folders to "xxxx". I suspect that if I don't do that, the next update will install "xxxx 3" folders. What an f'ing mess.

48 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Take a look at the Fathom folder in your Documents folder. It creates secondary folders instead of updating the existing ones, with mostly duplicate content. I have to check each of the "xxxxxx 2" folders content sorted by date to see if there's anything new or updated. This time, there was, so I copied over the additional content folders from "Programs" to "Programs 2", then deleted all of the "xxxxx" folders, and renamed the "xxxx 2" folders to "xxxx". I suspect that if I don't do that, the next update will install "xxxx 3" folders. What an f'ing mess.

I actually don't bother with the installer. I just copy the files to the appropriate folders.