AIR Music Tech Bassline, Tubesynth, Solina, Odyessy, Mellotron, Hype, and Electric

cclarry

2 hours ago, Hurricane said:

Tubesynth sounds good to me!

All of them sound pretty good. Just not at that price point.  All of them can be had for less than the price of one. Edit- i just saw the dramatic price drop over what was initially posted

4 hours ago, Hurricane said:

Tubesynth sounds good to me!

Me too, but I don't hear anything in it that Vacuum Pro (regularly $9.99 at Pluginboutique) can't do. Try a demo of Vacuum Pro.

What it looks like with these (except maybe the Mellotron?) is that they took the engines (some from the previous revisions) of some of their existing synths and made simplified UI's for use with the MPC platform.

That said, I love every AIR synth I've ever purchased, they've turned into my go-to instruments. They sound great, they're way easy on resources, and a steal at the prices I paid.

I predict that after they've cashed in on this initial release, probably before the end of the year, they'll all show up at Pluginboutique for under $10. I'll take the Mellotron, please. Vacuum Pro is already my go-to for basses, so having it in a bass-focused monosynth version is appealing.

If they took the full versions of Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, and XPand!2 and did nothing but put modern, resizable GUI's on them, I'd pay to upgrade.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

If they took the full versions of Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, and XPand!2 and did nothing but put modern, resizable GUI's on them, I'd pay to upgrade.

The only thing I wonder about is their new authorization system. Can you do offline authorization? What happens when you lose machine authorization (Windows change, component fail)? These things were almost okay with iLok, but now?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'd also want full vst3s with all parameters properly named and exposed so they can be manipulated via external controls, including program change and bank switching plus the dynamic voice allocation as found in VIP. Oh yeah, I'd also want them to be 100% compatible with all the expansion packs.    😛   Almost forgot: At least 4 audio outs, preferably more.

Edited by User 905133
typo fixed (the -> they)
  • Like 1