Plugin Alliance Monster Sale!

cclarry

Curious - for those into Amp sims, which do you feel are the better sims from PA? I have BX_Rockrack V3 and BX_Bassman but looking for some guitar sims geared towards metal / heavy tones.  Already have Amplitube 5 and most collections, but the CPU hit is enormous on mobile rig, so trying to find decent stand alone sims. Also have the Mix & Master bundle, but it excludes all the amp stuff of course.

Currently looking at Suhr PT100, Diezel VH4 / Herbert and Friedman BE-100. But have heard good things about the Fuchs as well. Anyone recommend these or others?

Edited by Carl Ewing

7 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Curious - for those into Amp sims, which do you feel are the better sims from PA? I have BX_Rockrack V3 and BX_Bassman but looking for some guitar sims geared towards metal / heavy tones.  Already have Amplitube 5 and most collections, but the CPU hit is enormous on mobile rig, so trying to find decent stand alone sims. Also have the Mix & Master bundle, but it excludes all the amp stuff of course.

Currently looking at Suhr PT100, Diezel VH4 / Herbert and Friedman BE-100. But have heard good things about the Fuchs as well. Anyone recommend these or others?

Diezel VH4 is great and has a really nice sounding clean channel as well. 

• Like 1

It's very tempting to put my voucher towards Soma, but I'm also quite interested in Tails (which becomes available for purchase after the sale ends). I suppose I need to decide whether I 'need' a(nother) EQ, or reverb...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Read reviews here:

• https://web.archive.org/web/20201024082936/https://honestampsimreviews.com/category/developers/brainworx/ (the actual site was shut down)
  • https://guitarandbassplugins.com/reviews/brainworx-suhr-pt100/

Probably any of the $39.99 amps are good.

Alternatively, for my mobile rig, I've been getting Nembrini amps for iOS, when on sale for $10.

• Like 1

Anybody knows when PA do trial period reset?  Maybe once per year from trial start date? I would like to try (again) some of their amps but I have all of them blocked now with "trial period is expired" message.

Edited by filo

On 4/3/2022 at 2:34 PM, antler said:

It's very tempting to put my voucher towards Soma, but I'm also quite interested in Tails (which becomes available for purchase after the sale ends). I suppose I need to decide whether I 'need' a(nother) EQ, or reverb...

Same here. Tails looks like it’s Adaptiverb light. Noice. 

55 minutes ago, filo said:

Anybody knows when PA do trial period reset?  Maybe once per year from trial start date? I would like to try (again) some of their amps but I have all of them blocked now with "trial period is expired" message.

From what I remember it is only periodically when they decide to for unknown reasons.

I've never done it myself, but I've read that others requested a trial reset after a long period of time to try something out again with positive results.  

• Thanks 1

Used my $75 and $25 April vouchers to get Buxom Betty, Lindel 245E and 345E and SPL MoVerb Plus for a total outlay of just a few pennies under 40 clams. 

Once again, I'm pretty tapped out on 'wants' from PA with an ownership total of 85 plugins from them.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Used my $75 and $25 April vouchers to get Buxom Betty, Lindel 245E and 345E and SPL MoVerb Plus for a total outlay of just a few pennies under 40 clams. 

Once again, I'm pretty tapped out on 'wants' from PA with an ownership total of 85 plugi9ns from them.

You still need anything?

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

Ya, another bass, Toontrack product and maybe a dozen compressors/reverbs/eqs/limiters.

Oh ya, and some talent. 

Don't worry about talent. Who needs that when you have plugins?

• Like 2

Oh dear, I just blew a voucher and $25 on something I already had.😢

The other day I got a message when trying to purchase something I already had, I don't think I got one today, unless I just never seen it 😟

I think it's a sign of to many plugins, to much GAS.

Studio One gives me a plugin count of 1599, I think I need to be admitted to some kind of help program

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

And I have both, and just found out I beat Bapu at PA plugins 93 to 85. That was a great game…

Assuming you paid $20 for each of those plugins...erring on the low side, that's about $1860 spent. Which is about 10 years of subscription which would also give you $2000 in annual sub vouchers, and $1000s in monthly vouchers. If anyone has doubts, this is why the PA subscriptions are a no brainer.

Edited by Carl Ewing

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

Assuming you paid $20 for each of those plugins...erring on the low side, that's about $1860 spent. Which is about 10 years of subscription which would also give you $2000 in annual sub vouchers, and $1000s in monthly vouchers. If anyone has doubts, this is why the PA subscriptions are a no brainer.

Yes and no.. you get at least 6 or 7 free when you first register. All the sub $19 range most people that have been around for a while have picked up for free, which is quite a few plugins. You also get some more expensive ones free with certain audio hardware.

Some PA plugs also come with an additional plugin when you buy them.

I tend to only buy from about $10 to max $25. Average is probably $15 for me, although I've had some ridiculously cheap scores with bundles and voucher stacking 🙂

I was adding some of the costs to my plugins sheet the other day and I have a tonne of PA plugs as well and looks like it might end up around the same as 2 years of the subscription.

But they're all owned and I have all I really wanted. Now I'll just pick up a couple of nice to haves occasionally and I have no annual ongoing costs 🙂

I'm not saying their subscription is bad and I think it's probably the best I've seen, but in the long run the subscription option isn't always the best way in my opinion.