Name (Cover)

MGC59

Been away for a few years....Here is my cover version of the 1995 Goo Goo Dolls song "Name" done in my home studio last year using Sonar. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/mark-casta/name-cover

Mark Casta

Sonar Platinum by Bandlab Version:  (64-bit), Roland Octa-Capture
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz 2.83 GHz
12 GB RAM Windows 7 SP1 64-bit OS, A-800Pro Controller,
Acronis True Image Home 2011,

• Like 1

Mark, it's good to hear from you again!  I've been to your website and seen that you had put up many new songs since my last visit.  You manage to make me appreciate songs that I've heard many times, but overlooked until you remade them.  As always, your mixes are professional and show what can be done with Sonar/CW.  To all others out there:  if you haven't visited Mark's site, then take a few minutes to listen to his work.  Most of you will find something there to marvel over.  Don't be a stranger!

Thank you Lynn!

I actually filled up that page and am in the process of starting a 2nd soundcloud page....as always I enjoy you tunes as well! 

Take care and thanks for your kind words!

Mark

Excellent job on the recording. You recorded that guitar? I never heard a finger noise at all! Again, excellent job. The mix is clean, clean, balanced. Great vocal performance too!!

Listening to 'Like A Son' nice guitar solo. Love that tone.

Lynn is right, some good music over there.

Thanks everyone. Believe it or not no guitars were harmed nor played in the making of this recording. All programmed on Sonar with MusicLab's Real Guitar.

The Goo Goo Dolls John Rezeznik uses alternative tunings on a lot of their songs. This particular song the tuning rendered my only acoustic almost unplayable. I also couldn't keep it in tune.

Using Real Guitar I was able to layer in a 12 string (which I do not own) and a few other guitars to fatten the mix up a little. Thanks for listening!

Mark