Free Stereo Monitoring/Imaging Plugin

Tit anium

I'd like a free 64 bit stereo imaging plugin that has an equalizer to make the low end mono, the mid in the middle, and the high end stereo. Does anyone have any suggestions, or am I just screwed?

Something like Ozone 9's stereo imager would be nice, but anything that will help make the bass mono also works.image.thumb.png.4de950fb19e3ba9aad71077858d2faed.png

Not free, but maybe worth a look. https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/dj-swivel-spread-one-knob-stereo-width-plugin/

"Unparalleled width, easy to use, SPREAD is the most powerful and usable multi-band stereo imaging plugin on the market. Spread includes additional useful features such as a Side Roll Off which takes advantage of mid/side processing, and a Tilt feature to balance your audio while preserving your stereo image. Make stereo tracks mono. Make mono and stereo tracks stereoooOOOHHH DAMN THAT’S WIDE!"

$32.76 at JRRshop with discount code "group". https://www.jrrshop.com/dj-swivel-spread

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the DJ Swivel video.  I actually had picked it up as part of a "StayCreative Free Plugin Bundle (Ozone Elements & DJ Swivel Spread)" a year ago and finally installed it last month.  I played with it a little, but it is nice to hear from DJ Swivel explaining it!!  I already discovered how the dial can make audio sound mono varying shades of wide, so its nice to learn from his tips.

• Like 1

I think that the ease of setting frequency bands and adjusting stereo width for them independently, plus the mid/side control makes Spread very convenient.

I have often heard that narrowing the bass frequencies spread can clean up some mud in a mix. This one knob thingy can deliver quickly!

I have a few wideners but be careful. If you use one pay attention to your correlation meters Span has a simple one built in and voxengo make the multi band Correlometer which is what I use. It will quickly tell you if you have overdone low end stereo widening. It's fine to spread out upper frequencies but low end spread =Mud. It's why you don't want reverb on bass frequencies.

Read up on Correlation it’s something worth understanding for mastering material that might just be a little too much stereo. . 

Thanks @scook  for that link. This is an amazing tool that is different than others I have due to that one magic button, the Safe Bass. It works. I added widening to a mastered stereo track that the Correlometer showed my low end dropping below the threshold. Push that button and it was back in the top. Good tool. I think this is exactly what the OP was asking for. 

Hear examples. First no processing Note the Correlometers reading show mostly Mid signal.  A simple explanation is readings at top are Good , Middle is OK stereo, Below middle is out of phase Bad.  A video of the meters would have showed you more but I'm being Lazy.  2113334120_Screenshot(367).thumb.png.799f9566b7bdc763a3b5d2295b719dfc.png

Next is full stereo widening, Notice meter shows a drop in most frequencies including low end. There's even some out of Phase midrange. 

2081005628_Screenshot(368).thumb.png.a554e23622ab70e5dfb55202bdfd8c06.png

Here's with the safe Bass engaged and it seem to fix the issue. The stereo widening was still very audible. I think I'm going to send this dude some money. It's free but sort of a guilt trip when shown the download options. 

1921003695_Screenshot(369).thumb.png.3871870b73de3ce1d7c7787354e27674.png

Edited by John Vere