Jane Laws

Eighty-seven Years

Very very nice Jane. Love the sound of your voice and your guitar playing.
I've always wanted to visit Australia and finally (with luck) I'll be there on a nature photo tour in Sept.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

Hi Jane . . . such a gentle easy flow as this song moves along . . . your vocal and the chord progression on the guitar are so in sync here . . . it's very well written and performed, I also really enjoyed the way you presented it in the video, super authentic, wise old soul that you are, I was moved, as it reminded me of someone I used to know.

• Like 1

Your song has a wonderful 70's vibe, I really liked itūüćĽ

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Very very nice Jane. Love the sound of your voice and your guitar playing.
I've always wanted to visit Australia and finally (with luck) I'll be there on a nature photo tour in Sept.
-Bjorn

Thanks, Bjorn, and wonderful you'll be making a trip to OZ later in the year, Cheers Jane

19 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hi Jane . . . such a gentle easy flow as this song moves along . . . your vocal and the chord progression on the guitar are so in sync here . . . it's very well written and performed, I also really enjoyed the way you presented it in the video, super authentic, wise old soul that you are, I was moved, as it reminded me of someone I used to know.

Great you enjoyed the song, and it's wonderful to know that the lyrics connect with others, cheers Jane 

Well that's quite a song, loved your vocal and the guitar, and the percussion supports. Something to be proud of. I did think the vocal was just a bit too forward in the mix, but with such a good vocal, who cares!!!

a pleasure to listen to.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Hi Jane

Really enjoyed this - i like your vocals a lot!

Cool track

Nigel

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:21 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Well that's quite a song, loved your vocal and the guitar, and the percussion supports. Something to be proud of. I did think the vocal was just a bit too forward in the mix, but with such a good vocal, who cares!!!

a pleasure to listen to.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks, Tom, great you enjoyed the song. Thanks for the feedback, too, we have been trying to bring the vocal forward in the mix - perhaps we have gone too far :D

On 4/2/2022 at 4:36 PM, Jane Laws said:

I love writing songs about the Aussie way of life and this one is back to my traditional folk/country style.

The inspiration for Eighty-seven Years came to me when back on the road, the day after the Tamworth Country Music Festival. I was on my motorcycle and at the first stop quickly grabbed my notebook and wrote down the chorus.

It’s recorded using my Maton EM100C-808 Messiah tuned to Double Drop D.

Love to hear your thoughts.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:13 PM, Jane Laws said:

Hi Paul, Great you enjoyed the song

My favorite kind of music.  A guitar, a story, and a person with a nice voice.  Thank you!

• Like 1