Eighty-seven Years

Jane Laws

I love writing songs about the Aussie way of life and this one is back to my traditional folk/country style.

The inspiration for Eighty-seven Years came to me when back on the road, the day after the Tamworth Country Music Festival. I was on my motorcycle and at the first stop quickly grabbed my notebook and wrote down the chorus.

It’s recorded using my Maton EM100C-808 Messiah tuned to Double Drop D.

Love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 7

Beautiful - stripped back and simple - just as it should be. The recording and placement of the percussion on the second part is exceptional - I can literally visualise them being played.

Terrific stuff.

Andy

Edited by AndyB01
  • Like 1

100% first class. We are just at a weekend long music/ art festival in Penticton BC. Listening to your song in the Slumber Lodge after a great day yesterday of musical talent and you would have fit right in big time. 
They have none stop acts, mostly singer songwriters and folky bands spread among 6 venues, coffee shops and Brew pubs. 
Of note is all the musicians commented about this being first gig in 2 years and how great it was to be back on the touring circuit 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Beautiful - stripped back and simple - just as it should be. The recording and placement of the percussion on the second part is exceptional - I can literally visualise them being played.

Terrific stuff.

Andy

Thanks, Andy, it's great folks are noticing and enjoying the percussion on this one :)

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

100% first class. We are just at a weekend long music/ art festival in Penticton BC. Listening to your song in the Slumber Lodge after a great day yesterday of musical talent and you would have fit right in big time. 
They have none stop acts, mostly singer songwriters and folky bands spread among 6 venues, coffee shops and Brew pubs. 
Of note is all the musicians commented about this being first gig in 2 years and how great it was to be back on the touring circuit 

Hi John, it's so great you guys are back enjoying the festivals once more. Over here, in Western Australia, they have unfortunately cancelled all of the autumn festivals ~ maybe next year :)  Great you enjoyed Eighty-seven Years,  thanks

6 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Hello Jane, is this your first song posting in this forum?

If so, great recording, and playing, and lyrics, and singing.

I enjoyed that very much.

Thanks Jesse, I have posted a few songs through the years. I have been using Cakewalk since 2004, but sound engineering is not my strength :)

I have a small presence on Youtube, Spotify and my website.

Cheers Jane

6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Beautiful Jane. Young heart , old soul.  I believe you and the Messiah will always get along ..     mark

Thanks Mark, Even though I adore my Messiah, I'm still in love with my Maton Dread that I bought 26 years ago.