Dis Chord

KSband

26 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

sounds incredible on headphones.  Nice stereo width.  Love the solos.  Great job on this!  Was the guitar in the breakdown  live or midi?

Thanks David and Bapu! The guitar is my Gibson es135.

Some "tone" there with the 135; nice. Amp4 on that?
Love the "sexy" saxes.
The auto pan on the keys is just a bit distracting here on the  DT990's.
Its a "taste" thing and I get it. (for me, kind of like German Chocolate Cake, one bite to many; yew)

t

• Like 1

KurtS . . . just dropped by to say I really enjoyed this jazzy piece, lots of creative playing . . . and really appreciated the hook (descending instrument shots) that ties it together . . . end guitar work is also very well played !

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 5:49 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Some "tone" there with the 135; nice. Amp4 on that?
Love the "sexy" saxes.
The auto pan on the keys is just a bit distracting here on the  DT990's.
Its a "taste" thing and I get it. (for me, kind of like German Chocolate Cake, one bite to many; yew)

t

Thanks a lot! I'm using BiasFx2, pretty easy to get good sounds with it. I use Amplitube for the bass.

• Like 1

This hits my ears in the sweet spot, super tasty improv choices, on the mellow side, very smoooth. I dig that guitar solo tone, and the wind chime, because, wind chime! All very good!

If you want an idea, I found the drums a bit low in the mix, you might volume automate them up a bit in those lovely spaces where nothing else is featured up front, so the drummer can have some.

kudos.

-Tom

Kurt , Loved the tone and reverb on the horn that comes in on the right side of the mix . The guitar tone was Awesome and I really liked the "bite" you got on the attacks.   I Really need some more tools for electric guitar processing. Thanks for the nice listen ..   mark

1 hour ago, mark skinner said:

Kurt , Loved the tone and reverb on the horn that comes in on the right side of the mix . The guitar tone was Awesome and I really liked the "bite" you got on the attacks.   I Really need some more tools for electric guitar processing. Thanks for the nice listen ..   mark

Have you tried any of the plugins out there? BiasFx2 is pretty nice and it has lots of choices of Fx pedals. Most plugins let you trial them. I've found that the selection of amps and Fx is not as important as the sound, they don't all get great distortion sounds.

Kurt , I looked at Bias FX and a few more after listening to your song. I've found that most of the great tones I've been wanting to reproduce seem to be coming from high end pedal boards. I was surprised to hear this was FX. I could probably do a better job with TH3 than I have in the past. One question is do you use a centered stereo track for breaks like in this one ?   Also forgot to mention I'm a big fan of the fretless.  Thanks ..  mark

Yes the guitar track is just what's coming from BiasFx stereo output, nothing special there. This guitar has gibson classic 57's which make it easy to get nice distortion sounds.  Batsbrew gets some great sound from his Strymon Iridium, I have been tempted to get one but they aren't cheap (I am). 

I recommend getting a fretless, it's so fun to play. Not being a bass player I didn't think I could do it but with fret lines it's easy (I wouldn't try it without the fret lines). This is a 70 dollar Glarry that I pulled the frets out of, love it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KurtS said:

guitar has gibson classic 57's

To my ears the best Buckers Gibson produces in the "modern" era.
I had a Brazilian board 2003 R7, (you know the one they finally got "right"?).
It was equipped with Burstbuckers, they sucked (I've owned many PAF and original Patent # equipped Gibby's).
I had a wonderful ES339 with the Classic '57's. Closest thing to an original PAF, IMnotsoHO (other than the Fralins; my fav).

t

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Larry T. said:

nice work Kurt, especially with 8GB of ram (that's what i have to use as well)....consistant feel throughout the piece, nice sound on the fretless bass....very well constructed....are the drums live?? 🎼🎶🎷🥁

Thanks Larry, the drums are not live they are Jamstix4. It's kind of a different drum program in that it uses AI to do a performance once you program the parts. I move some of the kicks around to align with the bass when needed, I spent quite a bit of time getting the drums how I like them on this. The congas were from EZdrummer2, Jamstix has percussion too but I don't like it and would not recommend that add on.

After your 8 gigabit comment I had to go look at my specs, that was the old computers ram I now have 32. I used have some latency problems, not anymore.

Edited by KurtS
  • Like 1