Captain Plugins Epic Released

Brian Lawler

12 hours ago, artturner said:

I was expecting free, so I'm not cool with $29 yet.

Same. Been using it since version 1 the week (day?) they launched. They said we'd get free access to future Captain Plugins, but I'm assuming now that meant the different versions (melody, chords, deep) and I keep trying to convince myself we had a good run because it's the first time they've ever charged for an upgrade after all of these years. Still, I can't get myself to press the order button yet.

Edit: Oh I see now your situation is different - you should definitely be getting it for free according to that screenshot. You're lucky you saved that! Their support is usually awesome, I'm sure they'll sort it out.

Edited by Luc

I'd rather pay an upgrade fee once every few years than have to pay for an annual subscription. $29 gone. Installing now. I like the fact that they let you deselect the 32-bit install instead of forcing it on you.

Authorized via Chords. But a couple of others (Deep, Beat) are throwing an "unauthorized" message. Chords shows "authorized" and has a deauthorize button. So, not ready for prime time.

Anyone else have this problem. Solved? If so, how?

Edited by John Maar

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

I'd rather pay an upgrade fee once every few years than have to pay for an annual subscription. $29 gone. Installing now. I like the fact that they let you deselect the 32-bit install instead of forcing it on you.

Authorized via Chords. But a couple of others (Deep, Beat) are throwing an "unauthorized" message. Chords shows "authorized" and has a deauthorize button. So, not ready for prime time.

Anyone else have this problem. Solved? If so, how?

I authorized from Captain Chords Epic and also had the unauthorized message initially for the other Epic plugins. However, after reloading all plugins they work fine and I no longer get the message. So try that if you haven't already.

Initially I noticed that you still get plain chords rather than "pianistic" as the video above claims.  What you have to do is edit the rhythm and select or randomize from the list of rhythms.

The How-to guides still link to v5 guides 🤔

16 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Wasn't this always online for authorisation? 

And beats is still a seperate product, right? 

Yes it's online authorisation. Beats has been included with Captain Plugins since v5. 

12 hours ago, artturner said:

I was expecting free, so I'm not cool with $29 yet.

image.png.c532a6c878d1b0b314566a157187669a.png

Same here! I hope they fix it! They were advising on their Facebook page to get a complete collection to get a free upgrade even if you already owned version 5. I am not paying $29 for something that I am supposed to get free!

767537493_ScreenShot2022-04-02at12_38_44.png.961603a8eae6ce0a52ee9fb21deb19b0.png

Just found this posted on YouTube by Mixed In Key & Captain Plugins SOFTWARE!

"Anyone who bought it after August 1st, 2021 gets a free upgrade to Epic. Since you just bought it, you can download Epic here: https://mixedinkey.com/get-captain-epic/ and use your current VIP Code to activate your license :)"

Worked for me! Hope it works for you as well, have fun!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lovemm said:

"Anyone who bought it after August 1st, 2021 gets a free upgrade to Epic. Since you just bought it, you can download Epic here: https://mixedinkey.com/get-captain-epic/ and use your current VIP Code to activate your license :)"

thanks.  worked for Epic (download looks like it's just the same ole same).  Had to enter "Activate your new software using this VIP Code" on launch, not the upgrade code. 

I actually looked at the clock and had a full track (minus vocals) done including download (thanks, Starlink), install, and launch of my Daw in under 10 minutes.  It's a little weird in ProTools, but that's nothing new and not mixedinkey's fault.  

9 hours ago, lovemm said:

This is the way.