This Months ADSR Freebie - RuleTec EQ1A

cclarry

APRIL DEAL - Get Rule Tec EQ1A by NoiseAsh for FREE [WORTH $90] with every paid purchase at ADSR until April 30th.

Shop now : https://bit.ly/adsrsounds

Simply click the checkbox on checkout to add the plugin to your cart.

Rule Tec EQ1A is your all-in-one solution for both professional mixing and mastering purposes. You really can't go wrong with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Cheapest thing I can find is $9 to get it, wonder if we can do better...

ADSR has got a pretty decent selection of devs in there. The site is a PITA to navigate, but eventually I can usually find a decent sale on a decent plugin if you have the patience.  You don't  have to look for cheap crap jut to get the freebie.  Just sayin'...  😉

=========

In fact, this is THE PERFECT USE for the  https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/ site!  Just go over to the "Stores" dropdown and deselect everything but ADSR.  BAM!  All sorts of ways to spend your $$!  🙃

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

49 minutes ago, mibby said:

ADSR has got a pretty decent selection of devs in there. The site is a PITA to navigate, but eventually I can usually find a decent sale on a decent plugin if you have the patience.  You don't  have to look for cheap crap jut to get the freebie.  Just sayin'...  😉

=========

In fact, this is THE PERFECT USE for the  https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/ site!  Just go over to the "Stores" dropdown and deselect everything but ADSR.  BAM!  All sorts of ways to spend your $$!  🙃

I've bought from them quite a few times.  However, I did do some searching before posting and the only thing in the I'd actually really want catergory was the Audiority Pyros release which they seem to be the only retailer that actually wants full retail during the intro special.  

The NEED Preamps is a little tempting but not sure I need them for $30.  The main driver would be lower CPU usage than what I have in that space now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

The NEED Preamps is a little tempting but not sure I need them for $30. 

Those DO look nice, don't they?  😁

Along those lines, I've almost pulled the trigger on this one a few times. ($15)

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/initial-audio-boost-x-dynamic-saturation-plugin/

This one too. How about another reverb?  Who knows, it could be THE reverb I've been looking for! ($12)

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/new-nation-software-roommate-reverb-atmosphere-adding-plugin/#a_aid=musicsoftwaredeals

I've been eying this one too, although I've been picking up delays like they were going out of style lately, so this one is not very tempting ATM.  ($19)

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/cherry-audio-stardust-201-tape-echo-reverb-tape-echo-effect/#a_aid=musicsoftwaredeals

How does acquiring the freebie work?  I have an account at ADSR.  When I make a purchase, does it show up in the cart, or does it show up in my account?  Not sure if I'm asking this right.

NEVERMIND.... I need to read the post completely... my bad

Edited by LittleStudios
I'm an idiot

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

Pretty pretty good freebie. 

Agreed. I own the Rule Tec Heritage Pro from NoiseAsh which also includes this module along with the EQ5M and F3C. The EQ1A from them holds it's own very nicely against the other Pultec emulations I've tried.

If I didn't own Heritage I'd snap this one up.

• Like 1

So many Pultec EQ emulations out there. I refuse to adopt another, even for $5.

Do you find having more than 1 or 2 available to be more "useful" or more "confusing?"

I'm not sure I can see myself thinking "y'know, this Lindell PEX-500 just isn't getting the job done on this track. I bet if I swapped in the Kiive Warmy EP1A it would come to life. And then if that doesn't do it, I still have my Overtone PTH2A-CM and Presonus Fat Channel PassiveEQ to fall back on." Not that they don't all sound WAY different (see below), but my brain capacity is doing things other than memorizing which Pultec-alike has which characteristic sound.

Yet I somehow have all of those (not to mention the "Pulmeld" in MTurboEQle), even after having pruned a few.

If you're bored someday, get a copy of Bertom - EQ Curve Analyzer and subject your army of Pulteclones to a comparison where you set the knobs to the same thing on each of them and then see just what they're doing. Spoiler: when I dialed in the famous bass curve, I found that not all of mine agree on what "100Hz" and "3.2dB" are.

If you really want to slam the low end on a track, the Presonus jacks it up 12dB at those settings! The Kiive boosts it 4dB and the Lindell boosts it 8dB. As for the curve, the Lindell starts to flatten out around 2K whereas the other two do it at 1K. These aren't even subtle differences. I'm not much one for clones of vintage hardware (at least I wasn't until IK gave me a license for their Fairchild 670 clone 🤯), but this amount of variance seems to thwart the intent of getting a familiar sound in a familiar way.

Someone's throwing Jell-O at the wall. Either that or the real Pultecs that they modeled had so much variance in spec that it's a wonder to me that any mix engineer could have "learned" how to use them.

• Like 2

I have heard of good things about NoiseAsh plugins. So, even though I already have other pultec EQs, I feel like, ok maybe this one might be better than, say, IK one, so if I get this one, I wouldn't need another pultec...

Well, at least that's what I thought when I got PSP pultec...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I suppose this is cool but i already have the following pultec emulations:

Bettermaker

Bluetubes

Ikmultimedia

The one that comes with presonus 

Pretty sure the melda turboeq has pultec mode

And probably at least one i forgot

Does this really do anything special the others don't?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...