Atom (Now finished)

whoisp

Updated 21/04/2022 - Hi guys, so i managed to finish it.... 

Here is the back story, my friend is a big time and hardcore Halo fan who gave me the idea in  around about way.  He was a disappointed with the TV Series soundtracks, so i created a soundtrack and did this edit to see what he thinks.  

Original idea

Little idea i did tonight, messing with a broken beat and  acoustic riff ... thought i call it atom. I think it should go into dance maybe haha 

Edited by whoisp
UPDATE
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Beautiful soundstage on this one.
Longer, or not; its a good one!

t

im still experimenting, ive made it real nasty in your face, to see what it be like.... The second minute ive found a lovely riff maybe i should keep it mellow first half then go nutz 

Only listen to mix 1

Tad to long for an intro but there is a natural break about 1:32 where you could bring it up a gear and then bring it back to the last part of what is here., mix works quite well here on the Adam's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

Only listen to mix 1

Tad to long for an intro but there is a natural break about 1:32 where you could bring it up a gear and then bring it back to the last part of what is here., mix works quite well here on the Adam's

Interesting,  a producers said he make intro longer before  in come in singing. These days I'm sort of with your thinking, that people want to ear things straight away but some people like big long intros and build ups etc. When i write i try to go with what i ear and the flow, but that's my natural vibe which differs from the next. I Just listen to a few different producers, some a straight off the bat, some seem to compromise. Interesting because when you write for playing live you can do longer intros and middle 8 etc but radio will give it 30 seconds if your lucky haha

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 1:41 AM, DeeringAmps said:

So mix 2 is much more WHOISP.

If I was producing I think that's the direction I'd push for.
your song, your production

a 👍's here either way, but I'm a fan so...

t

Yes still getting the ideas to develop a structure, i agree mellow start but the 30second rule for intro will come into play, so i will compromise haha but i got more ideas from the second mix and the 3mix intro is probably there, i just need to extend things maybe under 5mins in total or 4mins still i haev a few ideas and not sure if to add a chord sequence or keep it repetitive 

Mix 4 Version 4, Iv'e now extended the version, nearly 4mins, really goes mental at the end, big surprise which will get you going. 

Just got more too do on productions and the industrial drums, sort some rolls out and clangs  

Sounds great good job making it longer. A few places the backing vocals are slightly off the lead, no big deal but i am nitpicky about mine being together. I like the changes and the variety in your vocals. “ It started with a whimper and then there came a bang”

6 hours ago, treesha said:

Sounds great good job making it longer. A few places the backing vocals are slightly off the lead, no big deal but i am nitpicky about mine being together. I like the changes and the variety in your vocals. “ It started with a whimper and then there came a bang”

i am so entrenched writing this one, I can't hear the vocal's off the lead. There is a few places iv'e done it on purpose but its probably not those places. I'm still on the idea development stage so not done a full pre_mix master yet but i think i will keep this structure and length ,few people want more. I might test a couple of bits to see if it works but i think its one of those that leaves you wanting more maybe.  Maybe a bit piano extra at beginning before it cuts into the main song but im trying to compromise with 30 second rule haha If like to hear those industrial clang also and sold intense drum fills but the sidechain is difficult on this big sound in places . iv'e sent extra time on this so thank you for input T

I am keeping this structure, length seems spot on. Maybe drop the piano at the start, i think first 30 seconds suck you in.  Productions is close, drums in a few areas need polish. My mastering template is tight, one more tweak, only 2 more mixes and should be about there. 
Not sure on end. My best song this year... 

I am keeping this structure, length seems spot on. Maybe drop the piano at the start, i think first 30 seconds suck you in.  Productions is close, drums in a few areas need polish. My mastering template is tight, one more tweak, only 2 more mixes and should be about there. 
Not sure on end. My best song this year... 

5 hours ago, Old Joad said:

Cool little tune, I liked the 1st mix more but both of "em" work😎

mix 1 was my original idea i laid down, I'm on mix 5 and finished structure now. I am unsure about start so might take piano out of mix 5 and maybe bit more like mix one begin and i am not sure on end, but know the other tweaks i need to do 

4 hours ago, freddy j said:

Very impressive indeed!  It sounds almost cinematic in its approach --- especially the end.  

Yup -- very impressive indeed!!

Im on mix 5 and finished structure but the last few bars at the end needs a tidy. Thanx, i like the end verse too , it is also in the full song now after second verse/chorus, its a nice hook....  

• Like 1