Money can't buy love

SPAK

On 6/14/2019 at 8:18 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool funky tune - your lead vocal made me think a bit of Peter Gabriel. Good song  - nice job.

Thanks for posting.

Many thanks for listening glad you liked it

Steve

On 6/15/2019 at 6:16 PM, Beagle said:

very good stuff on this!  love the beat, love the mix - really well put together all around!

Thanks for the comment and your time  ...much appreciated

Steve

Bit of a reggae feel right at the start.
Liked the extended couple of words ("don't you") the last two lines of each verse (I notice these things) which helps to zing in on the rich guy.
Really nice groove going on throughout the song. I like this a lot.
Ooooh, Tick Tock is a crocodile. I get it now.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Bit of a reggae feel right at the start.
Liked the extended couple of words ("don't you") the last two lines of each verse (I notice these things) which helps to zing in on the rich guy.
Really nice groove going on throughout the song. I like this a lot.
Ooooh, Tick Tock is a crocodile. I get it now.

Bjorn!!!!

I'm over the moon with your last remark, I believe  everyone who listened to this let that one go over their head thinking it was just rhyme. Both my wife and I had  bet no-one would get the reference as it was so vague ! Thankyou for your comment, it means a great deal as I have so much respect for your work.

Best wishes

Steve 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 7:16 PM, emeraldsoul said:

I listened on headphones. I liked it inside of the first second turned it on. Cool groove, cool progression, cool as hell!

So I imagine you are still playing with eq and such? What's great about this groove is also what could be trouble - it's pretty dense with all the parts.

As I listen to the bass guitar, I get (again, on headphones, HD380 pro, they have decent bass response) I'm hearing the wonderful "plucky" bass highs. But also, some really deep and kind of gushy sub-bass. I think you also have some kind of boomwhacker in there? I'd maybe tame that sub-bass region just a bit, it fills and fills the basement. Might be worth moving that hpf up just a tad?

It's most noticeable around 1:30, whatever chorus or section you have there.

Maybe a bit more variation in the drum fills?

OK, again, great song, vocals totally work a treat, I could hear plenty of the lyrics. Wouldn't this be fun to play live? The room would go crazy.

cheers,

-Tom

Still working on this one Tom ..your comment on the bass is correct in that it's a bit muddy ... I'll post when I've fixed it .... thanks

Best Regards

Steve