(SOLVED) Cakewalk won't open when downloaded

Just downloaded CbB. Installed program, but won't start when I hit Open.

Get this error message: image.png.0308a9ac1663c00cc202504bed58e7af.png

I try to run as administrator but doesn't work either. I've tried reinstalling (same problem). I've tried running from the start menu and the desktop icon, same problem.

Can you help please?

Nothing happened.

I deleted everything, I re-installed the program, ran it and the same thing happens. Just gives this error message from Bandlab Assistant:

image.png.5fb279fb4e21453537147bc4bcf4b83d.png

I've tried running from the desktop, from the start menu, from program files both with and without administrator. None of which work.

I've downloaded cakewalk on my laptop downstairs (yesterday) and it all works fine, but not on this computer.

Please help!!!!!!!!

Can someone help with a fix, surely I'm not the only one with this issue.

G.

I've never seen that Access error. Seems BandLab Assistant fails to run Cakewalk. (Access permission problem?)
Have you tried to run 'Cakewalk.exe' directly? (Not via BandLab Assistant.) Getting any error?

Try to navigate to the folder using file explorer that is indicated as holding cakewalk.exe and see if you can open it and view, copy etc. the files inside. If not, then likely it is an access issue somewhere along the folder hierarchy. At some point you will probably be given the option to get access or take possession.

Edited by slartabartfast

That is weird with a beard. I tried Googling the error message and got zero results.

BandLab support is your best bet.

Offhand, I would guess that it will turn out to be a folder permissions issue, that Cakewalk is trying to write to a folder that you as a user don't have access to for some reason. I have no suggestions as to how to fix it from here.

It's the weekend, maybe tomorrow you will hear from support.

Cakewalk support have responded.

------------------------------

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the frustration. That is quite strange! We'll be collecting this information and passing it to our engineers. 

Also, can you please try uninstalling BandLab Assistant and reinstalling the latest copy via this link? https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Do send us a screenshot of what you see on the "Plugins" tab on BandLab Assistant, as we'd like to see the directory where your Cakewalk by BandLab files was downloaded to.

------------------------------

Have uninstalled everything now twice. No change.

Can't see a "Plugins" tab on BandLab Assistant. Only have 'Library' 'Sounds' and 'Apps'. Or do they mean somewhere else?

There is no "Plugins" tab on BA, there is a settings page which may be what they are asking about. This is found by clicking the gear in the upper left on BA. Although I am not sure if the installer download path is the issue in this case. From the info in this thread, it appears the program is getting installed but fails to launch. At least that is how I interpret

On 6/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, grahamwarren said:

I've tried running from the desktop, from the start menu, from program files both with and without administrator. None of which work.

There may be some additional information in the Windows Event log regarding the failure to launch.

7 minutes ago, scook said:

There is no "Plugins" tab on BA, there is a settings page which may be what they are asking about. This is found by clicking the gear in the upper left on BA. Although I am not sure if the installer download path is the issue in this case. From the info in this thread, it appears the program is getting installed but fails to launch. At least that is how I interpret

There may be some additional information in the Windows Event log regarding the failure to launch.

I've sent them a screen shot of what is shown when the gear icon is clicked.

• grahamwarren changed the title to (SOLVED) Cakewalk won't open when downloaded

I figured it out eventually (and nearly lost my mind in the process).

I was snooping around the entire forum for similar problems and came across this

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Solved-SONAR-Platinum-will-not-start-m3179162.aspx

So I uninstalled ASIO driver and tried installing CbB again. It launched this time (hooray!)

I reinstalled the ASIO driver and it failed to launch again. (booo!)

I ensured that my midi device and keyboard controller were connected (they weren’t previously), reinstalled ASIO, reinstalled CbB and all is well again. (hooray again!)

I find it very strange that you seemingly can’t launch the software without devices connected to the system. Is this a known issue? If it is it needs to go on page 1 of the user guide.

Thanks for help and guidance from anyone who bothered to respond. All your efforts are much appreciated.

Graham.

• Like 2