Busted By The Copyright Police

DallasSteve

12 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Minimum eligibility requirements to join

Follow all the YouTube channel monetization policies.
        The YouTube channel monetization policies are a collection of policies that allow you to monetize on YouTube. As a YouTube partner, your agreements, including the YouTube channel monetization policies require compliance with these monetization policies to potentially earn money on YouTube.
    Live in a country/region where the YouTube Partner Program is available.
    Have no active Community Guidelines strikes on your channel.
    Have more than 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months.
    Have more than 1,000 subscribers.
    Have a linked AdSense account.

Do you know how the category 'Ad Revenue' works (in the Help page I posted)?  It looks like it is a separate category in that list.

It looks like YouTube has blocked all of my videos in their search results.  Yesterday when I entered 'Kill the fly' in YouTube search my music video 'Kill the fly' was number 3 in the search.  Today it's not in the search even if I scroll down page after page.  I think it's because of this  copyright claim, but that is on a different video and it's a false claim.  I've heard of people getting stuck in this YouTube death trap and it looks like it's happened to me.  They also make it almost impossible to contact someone on their team.  That would cut into their profits.

Edit: Hold the phone.  I searched for some more of my music videos and some of them are still in the results, including the song that raised the copyright objection.  Maybe PETA filed a complaint about cruelty to animals.  It gives new meaning to the phrase "wouldn't hurt a fly".  And if you search with Kill The Fly plus my band name it appears.  I guess I'm just paranoid.  Maybe it was only number 3 in my search yesterday for some reason.

Edited by DallasSteve

• 4 weeks later...

I am writing to update this thread.  The copyright claim against this video has disappeared.  It was there a few days ago, but I checked a few minutes ago and it's gone.  I posted the video on March 30 and the copyright claim appeared about the same day.  I originally objected to the copyright claim about March 31 and they had 30 days to respond.  Maybe they never responded and the claim expired.  I would like to find out if they reviewed the claim and realized it was not valid or if they just don't attempt to answer objections in a case like this.  I may write the publishers and ask, or I may "let sleeping dogs lie".

On a related note, I posted a link to this video on Jeff Lynne's Facebook page and I noted the copyright claim by his publisher and I added that the lyrics and melodies are all different.  I never got a response there, either, but one day Jeff Lynne, or somebody posting for him liked my post.  I like to think he listened to my song, but who knows.  I will add that he produced a new album in 2019 named "From Out Of Nowhere" and it is great.  Top notch songs with his typical flawless production.  I enjoy listening to it almost as much as my albums.